cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBP Case Sensitive Descriptions - Why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using 48 months of history for our IBP Demand and utilising the SAP ECC6 product hierarchy for grouping and analysing our sales history.  The issue that we have come across is case sensitivity when conducting table updates / selecting characteristics for dashboard reports.  If we attempt to reload the descriptions to eliminate the case sensitivity in reporting we generate an update error stating that the description already exists - lose/lose situation.  Does anyone know how to overcome this case sensitivity issue in the IBP?

Thanks

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I assume that you are using HCI to load the data from ECC to IBP? You can select update/insert mode for the data load and then it should not show the error message you mentioned. Even if description exists, it should update.

BTW, i did not understand the complete scenario. In IBP you can store description, both in LOWER and UPPER cases. What creates issue is when two descriptions are same but in different cases for example, 'DUMMY' and 'Dummy' (or 'DuMmy'). Is it the issue, you are facing?

If so, then I think this can be handled in HCI. While mapping the fields, you can use LOWER or UPPER function for the description attribute/s.

regards

Rinju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rinju,

Yes we are using HCI for our loads.  To give you some more info, we group our product into models.  Product descriptions are not a problem as there is always a 1:1 relationship between the product and description.  In the case of a model, many products can be linked to a model.  When we load activity data it is possible that the new model description is different to historical model description eg  'DUMMY' and 'Dummy' (or 'DuMmy').  I will follow-up with our IT team in relation to the function for description attribute

Rgds

John