cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBP Visibility Filters - Inability to Share

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the ECC6 environment it is possible to establish report variants that can be shared by other users.

This sharing ability does not appear to exist in the IBP-Excel environment which creates reporting / analysis inconsistancies between users since their individual filters could be different for the same template/favourite.  Has anyone overcome this visibility sharing issue?

Thanks

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

In IBP excel planning view, you can create your own user defined scenario from template/favorite and share it across with multiple users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rohit,

The ability to share a scenario is understood.  The issue is that the person I am sharing with cannot update my filter.  They need to create a copy and then share back with me.  What I am looking for is the ability to create a filter that does not need to be "shared" but is available for all users in the same way as ECC6 report variants.

Rgds

John

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello John

You can also save the filters and it will be shared among all the users. These filters are not specific to any templates/favorites and can be accessed by all users.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Parveen Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parveen,

I must be missing something here since any IBP filter that I create is user specific.  I have tested multiple user log-on and the only filters avaialble to the other users is their own created filters.  There is no central location for creating filters.

Is there an authorisation / permission issue preventing other users from viewing filters?

John