cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry 7.0 ( SM 3.1) on SMP 3.0 to latest SP and SDK version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wizards,

I am looking to upgrade an agentry service manager app (3.1) on SMP 3.0  SP07 to latest SP10 on client and server SMP SP09.

This  is more of a platform upgrade (not application) and JCO, agentry jars are already upgraded to SMP 3.0.

I know the best practice is we upgrade the server to latest SP and compile the Agentry java project on the latest client SDK.

Acutally on SMP 3.0 upgrade we already changed the JCO and Agentry jars and modified the code to work on multiple servers.

Do we really need to recompile again for a SP upgrade ? Because on release note specifies only about some open UI changes which I  dont think really has any impact on the app we are using.

Any suggestions highly appreciated.

Regards

Vivek Nidhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Vivek,

You should be able to simply install the latest server version on top of your existing server.  For the clients you will need to install the updated client as well.

No changes should be needed to your application.  Of course proper testing is always recommended before rolling this out to production.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill - there are some client UI issues. I am going to move the client SDK to latest version and give a try.

Regards

Vivek Nidhi