cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a catalog profile with drop down list

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create a catalog profile that will allow me  to have my damage code in folders, this is what I would like to see when I am creating a notification or closing a work order.

Object

Pump

Impeller

Shaft

Bearing

Damage

Electrical

Grounding

Short circuit

Power failure

Mechanical

Fatigue

Broken

Corrosion

Instrumentation

Alarm

Power failure

Cause

Same set up as damage

So when I select damage, for a particular, I need to see the three damage code folders and then I can open them as needed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The steps here:

Tcode: QS41

Create Code Group Pump giving B in Catalog field (Object part). Inside Create Codes (New Entries) for Impeller, Shaft, Bearing. You can give the code as 0001, 0002, 0003 respectively. Save and come-out to the initial screen.

Now do the same for catalog C (Damage) with Code Group ELEC and Codes 0001, 0002, 0003 with descriptions Grounding, Short circuit, Power failure respectively. For catalog C you need to create more Codegroups MECH and INSTR  and create the Codes as above. You do this for Catalog 5 (Causes) also

Now run Tcode OQN6

Create a Catalog Profile with a name say MyProf.

Here in CodeGroups put these values and Save.

CataogCodeGroup
BPUMP
CELEC
CMECH
CINSTR
5ELEC
5MECH
5INSTR

Now transport this work to other clients where you need, say to QA and PRD. Put this Catalog profile (Myprof) in the Catalog Profile field of the relevant Equipments. This makes these drop-downs available when you create Notfications on these Equipments.

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anthony

First have a look at this post: