SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emigall Partner perfomance issue

eduardo_azo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

We're using Emigall to migrate BP- Partner data into the system. We have to migrate 360.000 registers.

First we use parallel background processing to load 30.000 register in each one.

We notice the perfomance was very bad, so we decided to stop the load.

In our second attempt we applied the following SAP Notes in our system

First of all we deactivate CRM replication with BF11 transaction (BD-MID)

Then applied the following notes in our system.

168960 - Deactivate statistics update for migration

459434 - Performance PARTNER / CONNOBJ (Change documents address)

805551 - CONNOBJ: Change documents, address

436715 - Switching on local posting with migration

We also check the following ones (but are not suituable in our SAP version):

713101 - Performance problem during check of form of address

720223 - Change documents are written when migrating from BP

735229 - Inperfomant accesses within ISU_Partner_Memory_Get

752926 - Unnecessary accesses on table ECUS760709 - Change Document for Tax Number not suppressed

713659 - IS migration - Performance increase with access to KSM

752943 - Performance - Update migration statistics only with commit

759426 - Commit buffering does not perform with migration object

In this second attempt we started over 8.000 reg/hour but then  performance gets very bad to 1.000 reg/hour

Any idea or suggestion?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo.

The PARTNER performance issue is, unfortunately, known. I had the same issue and I tried all the steps you did. Disabling the integration with CRM (BC-MID) brought 20% improvement, on my server, but that still wasnt enough.

What I did, and what I can suggest you to try, is to make a distributed load with small amounts of data. Make that 500 or 1000 business partners per job. Make sure (with your BC team) that you have enough available background job slots. You could try with 10 to 20 parallel jobs. For additional improvement, you could try disabling writting statistics and changing the commit interval.

Hope this helps.

Marko

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo.

The PARTNER performance issue is, unfortunately, known. I had the same issue and I tried all the steps you did. Disabling the integration with CRM (BC-MID) brought 20% improvement, on my server, but that still wasnt enough.

What I did, and what I can suggest you to try, is to make a distributed load with small amounts of data. Make that 500 or 1000 business partners per job. Make sure (with your BC team) that you have enough available background job slots. You could try with 10 to 20 parallel jobs. For additional improvement, you could try disabling writting statistics and changing the commit interval.

Hope this helps.

Marko

0 Kudos

We finally has done the following:

1. 1.- Jobs up to 10.000 registers
  2. 2.- In Emigal,l when scheduling the jobs, we have adjust commit parameter to 200.

Our basis team have adjusted some Oracle parameters at BD level.

former_member227287
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

Just check if CRM_REPL_OFF flag is set to 'X' in the customizing setting in EMIGALL.

CRM replication should be done only after migration is completed.

Regards,

Chandandeep.

0 Kudos

Yes, no replication is done.