cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Data Model - File Extract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am testing File extract functionality for a custom data model ( flex ).

Has anyone got the steps for setting up data replication ( automatic ), to an output file for a custom Data Model?

I tried following the steps for RFC replication, but instead of using RFC communication channel, I used File type.

Completed the remaining DRF config and activated replication model.

When I run the model, I do not get any output file, the replication log is green, but does not say how many records were extracted..

My doubts - I have specified Logical file path on Application server -

I am hoping my user has access to this folder, if not I donot see any error in the replication log.

When I run replication - I do not get any prompt to enter the file name either.

Logical file path assignment -

\\appserver\sapmnt\trans\<FILENAME>

What is the use of Generated FM in Interface model in File extract scenario?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This could be achieved this by defining a custom outbound implementation class and by using method SEND_MESSAGE.

Method SEND_MESSAGE has exporting parameter called ET_FILE_DATA. You would have to pass  file extension in attribute  file_ext(for e.g. txt,xml)  and the data in attribute DATA.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Not sure if I understood you.

In Outbound implementation I have specified class CL_MDG_OIF_DRF_OUTBOUND_IMPL, I suppose you are suggesting to make a custom based on this standard class?

I was actually trying to debug in SEND_MESSAGE in CL_MDG_OIF_DRF_OUTBOUND_IMPL and also CL_USMD_TRANSF_DT but breakpoint never gets called. ( tried with these 2 classes)

Also is file extract not customisable functionality in MDG, do we really have to implement a custom class?

regards

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know CL_MDG_OIF_DRF_OUTBOUND_IMPL doesn't support replication via file. If you check the method SEND_MESSAGE , parameter ET_FILE_DATA is not filled.

Class CL_USMD_TRANSF_DT might support file transfer.

In any case , the SEND_MESSAGE has to be called.Please put break point at method START_OUTBOUND of Class CL_DRF_OUTBOUND. This might give some clues.

Regards,

Raghu