Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Inventory : Sales Order is not working

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

The Negative Inventory is not working for SAP SD process. Please let me know why. I have done the configuration part in OMJ1 and also at Material Master level. But when i tried to create a sales order for single material whose stock is zero, it is confirming ATP check.

Please guide.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kundan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please clarify what is the business case and what you are trying to accomplish.

What has 'negative stocks allowed' setting got to do with ATP check rule A?

MMBE and CO09 represent different information for materials - one is for the current stock sitation and the second shows requested/confirmed quantities for specific dates.

In case you would like to understand why the schedule line in the sales order was confirmed, you can use report SDRQCHCK (via SE38) to investigate potential master data or configuration problems.

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The business requirement, is that, whenever there is no stock, then also the sales order should be create along with the delivery.

And once the GI has been done by MM and PP module, the stock should calculated accordingly.

Regards,

Kundan

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
 I have done the configuration part in OMJ1 and also at Material Master level. 

Share the related screen shots to understand what you have done.

G. Lakshmipathi

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

Please find herein the attached. Even this configuration, at the time of sales order creation it is taking me to ATP check confirmation. And for this the scenario ATP check confirmation is activate in material master.

Regards,

Kundan

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

Still awaiting for your reply. Please provide some information on same.

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Kundan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wouldn't it make some sense to switch the availability check in material master from Z1 to KP for this goal?

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

Yes, I was thinking that only, but in that case then MRP run will effect ? So i can't do this. So is there any other procedure for this.

Please confirm.

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Kundan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why should MRP be effected? What MRP type do you use, have you tested it?

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sir.

Thanks for your reply.

I am just assuming, that if i removed the ATP check from the sales order level, then whether it will affect PP or MM point of view ?

Since we have both internal procurement as well as external procurement.

Please confirm, i am little bit confuse with MM and PP end. In simple word, if i remove the ATP check from the material master it will not going to affect PP or MM process ?

Once again thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kundan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are just a test away from finding the answer yourself, so why not spending 2 minutes to execute MD03  (display results before save - but do not save) then change ATP check to KP and run MD03 again and compare your results.

Also searching SCN with keywords: MRP ATP  returns more than 2000 results, if you restrict the results to documents, then you immediately get to this one

The first section has an answer, still you can only confirm it for yourself after you tested it.

It also has a reference to an OSS note, which is even more trustworthy, but nothing gets you more experience than testing it yourself