cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Find Queue Manager and Channel Name in SAP PI 711 SP 12 in JMS Provider(Local)

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to find the details of the local Queue Manager and Channel Name configured in SAP PI.Below is my JMS channel(both Sender and Receiver uses same details) which points to PI hostname.I am on PI 711 SP12, where can i find the Queue Manager and Channel details.I did checked in NWA under JMS provider however i don't find them.Need to develop Interface between SAP ECC and MQ system.Interface is sending payment files to thirdparty MQ system.Direct approach using reciever channel is not the companies global integration strategy.If i put the messages in PI local queue thirdparty system can connect to PI queue channels.(I am really not sure how this process works and i know we dont have the monitoring ability)

Please adivse.

Cheers

Pawan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

claudia_liszy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

IP Addres or Server Name, Queue Manager Name and Channel Name are provided by the MQ system and contain MQ information, not PI information.

SAP PI host name in "IP Address or Server Name" is not correct. Please contact your MQ colleagues for these configurations.

Kind regards

Claudia

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply however thats not the exact solution.Currently our landscpae is having the local MQ installiton on SAP PI and this has its own Queue Manager and Channels and Queues which communicates with other MQ systems.So as pointed in my JMS channel screen shot IP/Host should be the PI hostname.I had couple of meetings with Basis and MQ team to understand the landscape setup.I will open this thread and will post if i get any updates.

Thanks

Pawan

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

If you want to connect to SAP JMS provider you need to use transport protocol Access JMS Provider with JNDI like below configuration.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praven,

Thanks for the reply,As i mentioned in my previous reply i am not pointing to SAP JMS provider.There is a MQ installation on local PI servers and the settings which i am using in my communication channel are correct.PI points to local MQ installation QM,Channel and Queues and from then it communicates with the target system Queues.

Thanks

Pawan

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no more updates and for my brand new integrations MQ team is creating separate Queues for both Request and Response in the QM.Closing this thread

Answers (0)