Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put Away Task: ByD should default Target Logistics Area as "Addition to Stock"

ibcbaetz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the inbound goods receivement process, I use an inbound process with tasks. ByD creates correctly a "Put Away" task. In this task I would like to get a bin defaulted in which this part is already located in my warehouse (in case this part is on stock). I can use this approach when I confirm the task as "Addition to Stock" strategy. But I can not see this strategy when I configure the material flow rules. Here I only have First Found, Empty Bin, Last Put Away or Material driven. None of these seems to deliever the needed result.

Does anybody knows how to configure "Addition to Stock"?

Regards,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Samraj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Also you try this out.

If the stock should not allocated for the demands, then in the storage area don't choose any option for Allocation Type. This will prevent the inventory from allocation.

Regards,

samraj

Samraj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Enable the Only Store same product option in Restrictions tab under the storage area details.

Then in the material flow tab of the site or any location, place the restricted logistics use in the top of the sequence and also the storage area in the top of the line item.

Way to do:

To edit the order of multiple search sequences with the same logistics area use, click Sequence Determination. If a search sequence determination is entered, the system will use the first Search Sequence ID in the table in the order from top to bottom, to check in sequence for a source logistics area.

Pls try this and let me know the status.

Regards,

Samraj

ibcbaetz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Samraj,

thanks for the support. The "only store same product" is clear. Could you please give me more details about the material flow settings.

- Is this maintained as advanced rule?

- I guess in the destination tab the sequence has to be maintained

- Do mean Logistics Use = Restricted Stock?

- On line item level for the assigned Logistics area, which put away streategy. Material driven?

Regards,

Christian

Samraj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

- Is this maintained as advanced rule?

Yes

- I guess in the destination tab the sequence has to be maintained

Yes, you add first sequence as Restricted Stock.

If you want to add few more sequences pls add.

- Do mean Logistics Use = Restricted Stock?

Yes

- On line item level for the assigned Logistics area, which put away streategy. Material driven?

Choose anything.

Regards,

Samraj

ibcbaetz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Samraj,

I tried different variants, but the system does not propose the bin as target area, where this product is already on stock. This reaction is only available when confirming the put away task with "Addition to Stock" strategy.

Do I have to set all bins with inventory (>1.000) on the restriction "Store same product only" to get the desired reaction?

Regards,

Christian

Samraj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Please try this,

In the site level, under Material Flow Tab --> Advanced Rule --> Destination

Details --> Put-Away Strategy --> Last PutAway

Regards,

Samraj

ibcbaetz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Samraj,

no change in the result. Unfortunately the bins where a material is already located is only correctly defaulted in the confirming UI of the put away task by using the query "Addition to stock". 

BTW I do not understand why the put away strategies in the material flow differ from the methods in the UI to confirm a put away task.

Thanks and best regards,

Christian