Hi Experts,

Please advise if the below scenarios is possible or not:

At Project Defintion level: Plant :1001

Network:1001(Plant)

Internal Activty:1002(Plant)

External Activty: 1003(Plant)

Service Activity:1004(Plant)

Cost Activty: 1005(Plant)

My understanding is ,plant is automtically copied from Project defitnion when we create a Network and the same plant will be copied in to Activities.However,is it possible to create a Project with the baove scenario.Please advise.

Note: All the above Plants belongs to one company code and one controllin area.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is totally possible.  Check with your FI consultant to make sure that cross-company code postings are configured.  When you settle from the NWA to the WBS there will be cross-company code postings.

srinivasa_rakesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yeah ..It is very much possible to have a project from one plant to use the labor of another plant and services from another plant. All objects can use different plants apart from project plant. Cross plant transactions can happen

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Operative concern setting enable you to do cross company code settlement posting.

tcode: OKKP

Regards,

Sanjeev

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

As per standard system if reference is there in top order project object then always copy from there and come in subordinate object if you project profile have company code and plant then it will come when you are going to create project and wbs.

Even you new requirement like project objects as wbs and network and activity can be create with different-different plants.

you can try with dev. system if facing any issue then come with that specific.

Regards,

Sanjeev

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

It is very much possible.

Project is created - WBS elements can be of different plants - Network is created with one Plant (It will be greyed out) - Activities can be of multiple plants.

If you get any error when assigning the plant, kindly check whether there is any validation kept in place, since certain companies with different company code, dont prefer to have different plant at WBS element or Activities.

Regards

Terence

former_member282774
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

My question is wrong.Apologies.

Here is the updated :

When I create a Network ,plant is defaulting from Project defintion and WBS element.So ,I have created two different WBS elements and chnaged the Plant number at WBS element level and asigned two networks for two WBS elements.That's how I was successful in creating two different plants for Two different networks.

PD...Plant 1001

WBS 1..1002

Network..1002

WBS2....1003

Netwok..1003.

But,how can we stop Network defualting from Project Defintion? Please advise.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

I dont think plant is defaulting from Project, it should be through WBS element only.

If you get an error message, can you please post the screenshot with the error message or the behaviour of your system

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srini,

The network defaults the entry of plant from either the Network template or the Network Profile you use
Transaction Code: OPUU

The Project and WBS elements obtain plant and other organization data from either the Project template or project Profile Tcode: OPSA

Please check them

Usually it is the templates which People use or copy other Networks or Projects directly hence copying the org data

Hope this helps

Regards

Vittal