cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual InfoProvider based on remote-enabled function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I created a virtual InfoProvider based on a remote-enabled function on another server. I indicated the server where this function is located (see screenshot_1). However, every time I try to display data in InfoProvider, I get the following messages (screenshot_2): "An exception with the type CX_SY_DYN_CALL_ILLEGAL_FUNC occurred, but was neither handled locally, nor declared in a RAISING", "Function call failed; could not find the function ZFM_VIRTUAL_CUBE". However, I do have that funtion on my other server. Here is its signature:

What could be the reason for that and how can I fix it? I checked whether I can remotely call that function inside an Abap program on my server, and it worked.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jake,

Please check if these notes are relevant for you:

1890724 - Display data on FI virtual providers results in runtime error

2145551 - Display data on FI virtual providers (with transaction LISTCUBE) results in runtime error

Br, Andras

former_member183519
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jake

Error would be : "Error during proxy processing An exception with the type CX_SY_DYN_CALL_ILLEGAL_FUNC occurred, but was neither handled locally, nor declared in a RAISING clause Function call failed; could not find the function ‘<Function Name>’. "

>>>This exception occured when we try to call FM which is not present in source system.

Ask basis to check proxy connection.

Regards,

Hitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I am able to call that remote function in Abap program using call function 'function_name' destination QAclnt600. Wouldn't proxy errors cause problems when calling this function in Abap program?