cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDGM description mandatory for all Languages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am new to MDG and looking for help. Please do suggest.

I have configured the MDGM system and currently in testing phase. While creating the CR for MAT01, I get an error "fill all required fields" on the description table.

I have entered the description in English language however the system prompts to enter description for all the languages. how can I keep this required for one fields only. Please suggest.

Thanks,

Shahid Noolvi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I tried the above suggested solutions suggested. It has not worked. I still get the same error.

Thanks.

Shahid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Folks.

Your response definitely matters a lot for me.

@Henk: Its surprising for me as well. I will update if i am able to find a solution for this.

@Abdulla: I will check the note and get it applied if approved by our management. I shall bring back the results to you.

@Nikhilesh: Thanks for your input, I have read the thread before and referred to our team, the thread is unresolved yet.

Thanks,

Shahid

former_member193063
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid,

Check : MDG material language key and material descript... | SCN

May be it's resolve your query .

Thanks

Nikhilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if this note solves your problem: 1859448.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abdullah,

Thanks for suggesting the Note, but we are already on a higher version so this does not apply for our release.

Any other suggestions please

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid,

That is strange! Out of the box you only get the EN description which you have to enter. So the table only contains one record with EN. After entering the EN description you are finished with the descripitons.

Do you use MDG-M as a hub or on top of ECC. If the latter case, could it be that there is a modifictation on the ECC side which adds the additional languages (you could check using MM01).

Cheers,

Henk.