Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy transport requests between clients of same system

former_member217353
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

we have created a NEWCLIENT(200) on our QAS system now we want all the requests imported from DEV  into our  OLDCLIENT(100) to be available in our NEWCLIENT(200) we have almost a  thousand requests. I tried scc1 but here it is asking for a particular request number, I want to copy whole in one run as a background job.

Kindly suggest me the reliable procedure.

Thanks In Advance.

Regards,

Domnic.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

bhargav_bhatt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

perform local client copy using relevant profile instead of manually transporting request through scc1

check below link for choosing profile

Profiles in the Client Copy - Business Address Services (BC-SRV-ADR) - SAP Library

Regards

Bhargav Bhatt

0 Kudos

Hi Domnic.

I suspect that there is no such a txn or report which would help to copy whole in one run as a background job.

I advise you to follow the steps:

1. Find requests that you want to import, and make a list of them as requests.lst. Use transaction STMS and in the section "Import Queue" choose "Import history" or use other transaction as SE03->"Find Requests".

2. It is necessary to copy all cofiles and data files of our requests into transport directory of our QAS system. To do it use transaction STMS and in the section "Import Queue" choose menu "Extras" -> "Other Requests" -> "Find in Other Groups" then specify our DEV system. Or copy the transport files in manual mode using an operating system level.

3. Next add these transport requests into import queue of our QAS system and import them. To do it use tp tools on an operating system level as shown below:

tp addtobuffer EGDKXXXXXX <SAPSID> client=<target_client> -D"setunicodeflag=true" pf=<PFL-file>

tp import EGDKXXXXXX <SAPSID> client=<target_client> -D"setunicodeflag=true" pf=<PFL-file>

You may create your own script or use my import_tp.cmd script for window to do it:

@ECHO OFF

@echo ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@cd e:\usr\sap\trans\bin

@for /F %%A in ('type D:\requests.lst') do (

@echo Current date and time: %date:~7,2%.%date:~4,2%.%date:~10,4% %time:~0,2%:%time:~3,2%:%time:~6,2%

@e:\usr\sap\EGT\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\tp.exe pf=e:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_EGT.PFL addtobuffer "%%A" EGT U128

@e:\usr\sap\EGT\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\tp.exe pf=e:\usr\sap\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_EGT.PFL import "%%A" EGT client830 U128

@echo Current date and time: %date:~7,2%.%date:~4,2%.%date:~10,4% %time:~0,2%:%time:~3,2%:%time:~6,2%

@echo ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

)

pause

Please, change it to your requirements. (Note: EGT is SID of my QAS system and I have a Unicode system)

PS. You can run import_tp.cmd script as background job in transaction SM69

Regards,

Andrey.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also try..

STMS_IMPORT --> Select block of TRs (F6).

Now, from the menu bar navigate Request --> Target Client --> Change, input the target client and Import. Done.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just Login in the new client and  go to txn STMS_IMPORT .

While importing set the client as the new client .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Domnic,

Its possible via SCC1 only.

Pay attention to the highlighted portions of screenshots and click there.

You can either paste here or click on 'Mutiple selection' button and select the TRs.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Anita

former_member217353
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Anita Singh,

Appreciate your reply could you please check the attached error screen below.

Here I'm logged into TARGET client to copy requests from source client 701

Kind Regards,

Domnic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried using STMS_IMPORT tcode?

Br,

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Domnic,

Please check via se01 if the requests exist and have they been released?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Domnic,

-> Log into Target system

-> Goto t-code SCC1

-> Choose Source Client

-> Enter single transport or paste multiple transport request

-> Choose option including request sub tasks i.e., presence of child request

-> Choose option schedule as background job i.e., for multiple request or run it immediately

-> Status should be check in t-code scc3

Thanks,

Dhuvaraganatha M.