cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLT and Central Finance - which roles for user

0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

We are going to implement SAP Central Finance in a scenario where the source systems are on premise at a customer data center, whereas the SLT system and the Central Finance are on HEC.

All the systems have been installed and relevant notes applied, and we are now almost ready to start with the configuration.

However, we could not find in any of the documentation this simple information:

When you are creating a replication scenario fro Central Finance, you have to use an rfc connection both from SLT to source, and from SLT to Central Finance. This means that you need a technical user on the Central Finance system for SLT to connect. So, which authorizations shall this user be granted?

It's strange that we could not find this information anywhere.

When you create a configuration from ABAP source to HANA, you use an RFC to the source system, and you need a user with roles IUUC_REPL_REMOTE, and the user SYSTEM in the HANA Database which has of course full authorizations and creates its own schema/user.

But, with central finance this is different.

Could you please help?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

The RFC user in the source system(s) will need SAP_IUUC_REPL_REMOTE which is the standard role regardless of CF use or not.

On the SLT, the configuration user needs:

• SAP_IUUC_REPL_ADMIN

• SAP_MWB_PROJECT_MANAGER

On the target/CF system you just need an RFC technical user that can post documents which is different to the 'normal' HANA replication where you load and replicate tables and contents.

I would also strongly advise against using SYSTEM as the user for HANA replication. Rather create a dedicated replication user with the relevant roles...using SYSTEM will only cause problems.

Hope this helps.

Kris

0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

Of course, I said you _need_ SYSTEM but it's because you need it for the wizard to connect to HANA. After that you will use your specific user for replication.

Regarding CFIN replication, which are the specific roles the target user shall have? Do you have information on that?

Thanks

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Not quite correct as you do not need SYSTEM in the wizard. You can create a separate 'configuration user' in the SLT and a 'replication user'...but that's for another thread.

The RFC user in the target system just needs 'finance interface type' roles...look for a user in your source system that has any RFC inbound for Finance documents and use that as a template. As far as I am aware, there are no special replication/CF specific roles for the target RFC user. I will tray and loo but probably just as quick for you to check.

Cheers

Kris

0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

Yeah, I know, but I've always considered that practice quite useless and unnecessarily time consuming, since to create that user myself, I would need to know SYSTEM'S password anyway, and after installation, SYSTEM is completely decoupled... but you're right, that's another thread!

Thanks for the info on the target user roles!