cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XMII_FILES publishing in file system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

We've encountered the situation when after server restart all records from XMII_FILES table are automaticly published (copied) in server file system, like Jeremy Good answered in this thread:

Is there any way to turn off this feature in NW of MII?

Regards,

Petr

P.S. MII 14.0.5.13, NW 7.31.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have noticed that if you just do a 'Restart...' from the SAP Management Console it will update all the files but not blow them out/delete them. This doesn't help you out with a reboot/stop&start issue but it does get you up and running faster if you don't need to do that.

Regards,
Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Christian!

For some temporary reason we have a big volume of files in Web folder. The point is that we need to block this devastating I/O disks activity for both cases - manned and unmanned MII restart.

Regards,

Petr

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have ran into similar issues before. Thru MII we push humungous files out to our users. Based on experience I try to keep large files off the system by cleaning them out aggressively. Another solution is to move them to an ftp site, into a database, or onto a separate dedicated server.

MII or Netweaver may have a flag somewhere to avoid the blowout but I think you may have to try putting in a ticket to get an answer.

Regards,
Christian