cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How SFAPI/ODATA works in importing/exporting of data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am little bit confused, how SFAPI/ODATA works in data importing/exporting.?

will these works based on job scheduling in provisioning or any other process, i didnt find the option how system imports the data from middleware and exports the data to middleware.

Apart from job scheduling how SFAPI/ODATA works ?

Please provide your valuable inputs ...

Thanks

Y V P Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member47879
Active Contributor

Hi there,

Please check this

About HCM Suite OData APIs - SAP Library

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please provide the information that how i can connect the SAP PI system from Successfactors in sending/receiving of data.

The document which you mentioned is not related to what i am expecting.

Thanks

Y V P Deepak

gerald_reinhard
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hi Deepak, OData and SOAP both support read and write operation. But depending on your Use Case in PI (what kind of data you want to read or write) I would recommend the usage of different APIs. For employee central related data I would always recommend to use OData except in the case you are interested to get delta information out of EC. In such a case the SOAP based Compound Employee API (see help.sap.com/hr_api) is a better approach.

Both, OData and SOAP use for many entites a similar codeline as the imports (especially person and employement related entities). Hence you will find also similar structures as in imports. But especially for MDF objects you will find OData APIs only.

To consume OData or SOAP APIs from PI you can use the SF Adapter. Check this SDN articke for details:http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2014/03/07/successfactors-sfsf-adapter-for-s...

Best regards

Gerald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerald,

Its happy to hear from you...

My requirement is to import the cost center details from SAP ECC to SF using SAP PI.

And we are using SFSF adapter OData protocol for bringing the cost center details from SAP PI to SF. we successfully getting the cost center details from SAP ECC to PI by Idocs.

Now my question is when we are pushing these details from SAP PI to SF, how SF receives these details using OData API. we provided RBP to OData API user.

Do i need to do any activities further, like scheduling any jobs to import the data in to SF. ?

Thanks

Y V P Deepak

gerald_reinhard
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, if you call the OData upsert API (that is the one I would recommend instead of using SOAP) data will be created in SF immedately. No need to schedule jobs or any other things.

What you would require is proper RBP setting to let the technical user write the data.

Are you using the productized integration for cost centers to do so (including the PI pass-though content) or have you build you own cost center replication on PI only to avoid using Boomi? The integration between SF and SAP is available as ready to use productized integration, see help.sap.com/hr_integration look for the "Replicating Cost Centers from SAP ERP to Employee Central"-Guide

Best regards

Gerald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerald,

we installed ODTFINCC 600 in SAP ECC for cost center replication. we are not using any customized programs to transfer it to PI. IDoc is pinging and reaching to SAP PI successfully.

We are facing with one error,i already posted in thread

scn.sap.com/thread/3810262

Please provide your support on your expertise.

Thanks

Y V P Deepak.