cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect the BusinessObjects Client tool with the Server - Linux

0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I am having hard time connecting my Client tool with the server none of the client tool works when I try to connect to the server deployed on Linux environment.

BOBJ Version : BO 4.1 SP05

While connecting from Web Intelligence Client tool it says : "Server not found or Server may be down"

while using the Universe designer it throws error : "[repo_proxy 13] SessionFacade::openSessionLogon with user info has failed(Transport error: Communication failure.(FWM 00001) (hr=#0x80042a01)"

I have done Telnet to the server with the port 6400 and 6410 and it communicates, also the Analysis for Office (AFO) which also uses the 6400 port for BICS connection works fine and I login and do analysis.

Any thoughts to fix this issue will be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Vibhav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rukaiya_pinjari2
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vibhav,

Make sure that the Windows Firewall is not running on the machine where the client tools are installed.

Make the host file entry on the same machine for the host name and the IP address of your BO Linux server.

Please ensure that the login is working fine from your machine to the BO server in any of the BO web applications such as CMC/BILaunchpad.

~SwapnilY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vibhav,

1. Apart from the 6400 and 6410, ports of other services will be used in this communication like IFRS and OFRS ports. Please check if the following ports are open on the firewall:

CMS Name Server Port (6400 by default)

CMS Request Port

Input FRS Request Port

Connection Server Request Port.

It is recommended to open all the ports used by BO services bidirectional on the firewall.

You can also use static ports for BO services by making sure those ports are open bidirectional on the firewall.

2. IP binding(Host Identifier) to the BO services can also resolve this issue.

3. Make host file entries.

Following are the relevant KBAs:

1745855 - Transport Error Communication Failure (FWM 00001) while logging in to CR2011 Designer

1832170 - Transport error: Communication failure.(FWM 00001) - SAP Data Services 14.0.3.273 on RHEL5

1970453 - Cannot Login to Designer

Regards,

Ashwini Bawaskar