Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Determination - search for batch with null characteristic value

former_member700523
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have Batch characteristics "Z-QA-ALERT" with data type "Char" & length 30 & is a part of Material-Batch class & also of selection class for batch determination. User when creates the batch in goods receipt, he enter some text (upto 30 characters) for this characteristics as a part of batch classification & Value assignment. This text is only maintained if the batch is having some issue. So, from business point of view if there is some text maintained to the specified characteristics means that there can be some issue with batch. So during batch determination (in case of issues/deliveries/stock transfers ) the business requirement is that batch determination should exclude such batches where characteristics "Z-QA-ALERT" is having some text maintained in it.

My question is how to write such condition in selection class so that so that batch determination should exclude such batches where characteristics "Z-QA-ALERT" is having some text maintained in it. I had tried with conditions as -

=''

=' '

= ''

= ' '

=""

=" "

= ""

= " "

etc.....but could not succeed. Can anybody guide me writing a condition with correct syntax ? Or if there are other options....

Thanks,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Manish,

I would recommend you that maintain Characteristics value for Z-QA-ALERT.Also activate additional characteristics allowed in Value tab.

I.e  Your characteristic Z-QA-ALERT" will have always Value 'OK' but you can also maintain your own value(any text)  at the time of Material receipt.

For Example If Batch does not have any quality Issue You can maintain value 'OK' else you can enter Text what type of issue with that batch.

So that in Batch determination you can exclude the batch which is not equal to 'OK'

Regards,

Velmurugan S

former_member700523
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Velmurugan,

Suggestion is fine but again same question. How should I write a condition to exclude batches having characteristic value as OK. Can you give me the correct syntax ?

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks,

Manish

former_member189817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Create  characteristic Z-QA-ALERT as below

Value   Description

1      Batch OK

Also activate additional characteristics allowed in Value tab.

Now in search strategy you can write as not equal to NE '1'

Regards,

Velmurugan S

former_member700523
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had checked writing the condition as suggested NE '1'. It is not working. And also tried making few changes to it for example as below. It is not working.

NE '1'

NE 1

NE "1"

NE"1"

<> '1'

<> 1

<> "1"

<>"1"

etc.

Can i get proper syntax for this ? OR if am I doing something wrong ? Note that my characteristic is with data type "CHAR".

Any other suggestions

Regards,

Manish

Answers (0)