cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Condition dependant on another condition as mandatory at contract creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a scenario based on conditions like below:

There are 2 conditions for contract type Residential like below:

1.Basic Rent

2. Service charge .

Here we need to make it as mandatory of these two conditions for contract :

and also If user added condition Basic Rent and for got to select the condition 2.Service charge ,then system has to throw the error message like Condition 2 is not added please add the condition along with the dependent calculation

Example :  1.Basic Rent:100

2.Service charge as 10% on Basic rent i.e. 10

I tried with default conditions for contract with Condition groups .

But still notable to achieve.

Could some can throw the light on this.

REgards,

Mohan 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amarendar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali Mohan,

You can achieve it by following below steps:-

Step 1: Under default conditions, define default conditions as shown below. I have added two conditions here (for example one basic condition and one condition for service charge)

Step 2: Under default conditions, maintain Derivation Steps as shown below

This is all from configuration side, now lets create a contract and see how both condition will be brought together.

In the Conditions tab, instead of choosing addition icon, click on the icon as shown in below screen shot and choose Using derivation, this will bring both the conditions in the contract.

Hope this helps. As part of validation, you may deactivate the addition and deletion icon for this contract type, so as to prevent users from adding or deleting any condition from contract.

Regards

Amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amar,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

The above solution was very much helpful .

As per your advice I have done the configuration  and the conditions are able to visible  like :Conditions from derivation Rule ".But here if the user forgot to add the dependent condition how can I make sure that that dependant conditions are selected automatically.

Like Condition B is Depndant on Condition A as condition group Z1

I wanted to select Condition A and B automatically even If I selected A or B.

and also I need to add some other conditions on need based but different set of conditions C and D

If I assign these conditions (C,D) to different conditions group Z2

But I want to assign the condition group Z2 also to the same contract Type ZO01 system is throwing the error like there is over lap :

Contract type    Condition group    Conditions

ZO01                          Z1                    A,B

ZO01                          Z2                    C,D 

When Ever I select A or B system has to tell the user that please select both conditions A and B both 

and also Please suggest  how to deactivate the addition or deletion for contract Type

Regards,

Mohan

amarendar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Overlap error message is coming as per system design, since system has to derive the condition group values for a contract type, you can only maintain unique entries. More than one entry with the same contract type is not allowed.

When we create steps under derivation of default conditions, there is an option to use Enhancement option. In enhancement you can write your own code.

Like, if condition A is selected automatically select condition B also. This I have not tried in my system .

Regards,

Amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amar,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Could you please  expedite on how to prevent users from adding or deleting any condition from contract .

Regards,

MOhan

amarendar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

You can do it using authorization object or user status which you can see in General data tab of contract.

Also in the conditions tab, you may check with your basis team how these icons can be grayed out.

I may not be able to help you with the exact authorization object, but it will be easier for your basis person to find out.

Regards

Amar

Answers (0)