cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Stack Upgrade issue - Cannot Start Java Shadow Instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are performing NW 7.0(Dual Stack) to NW 7.31 (Dual Stack) Upgrade.

OS - HP UNIX and DB - Oracle 11.2

In preprocessing phase of Java Stack upgrade under step "Start Java Shadow Instance", we are getting error -

Node bootstrap failed: result 1, exit code 500

Cannot find package index [/usr/sap/install/SUM/sdt/system/DFG/JC20/j2ee/cluster/bin/index.list]

Package index cannot be updated; folder [/usr/sap/install/SUM/sdt/system/DFG/JC20/j2ee/cluster/bin] does not exist

Exception occurred for component [internal/unkown] of type [unkown]

com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: Database index contains file

[/ext/com.adobe~DocumentServicesLibrary/DocumentServicesLibrary.jar] that cannot be found in [bin\runtime/ext/com.ado

be~DocumentServicesLibrary/DocumentServicesLibrary.jar]

[Bootstrap]> Error during synchronization. More details: the previous log entries

LOG => SfCJavaVm: exit hook is called. (rc = 500)

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.NameNotFoundException: Configuration [com.adobe~DocumentServicesLibrary] not found in [cluster_config/system/instances/current_instance/bin/runtime/ext]

Looks like SUM is trying to copy DocumentServicesLibrary.jar from location bin\runtime/ext/com.adobe~DocumentServicesLibrary/ or cluster_config/system/instances/current_instance/bin/runtime/ext but could not find this file at these location.

I am not sure what is complete path of these directories(bin\runtime/ext/com.adobe~DocumentServicesLibrary/  or cluster_config/system/instances/current_instance/bin/runtime/ext)  to check if we have file DocumentServicesLibrary.jar  at these locations.

Also I checked that we had Import Jload step before Start Shadow Java Instance...Not sure if SUM should have copied this file during this step from current release system and could not copy it at desired location which is causing this issue.

Please provide your inputs and help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,
Shivam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Is any one found solution for this issue as we are facing the same and we are trying to upgrade our JAVA from 7.01 to 7.5 using SUM 1.1. Got struck at pre-processing as shadow instance not started.

Please let me know if you find any solution as this post was very old.

Thanks

Raju

0 Kudos

HI Shivam

Did you managed to find solution for this issue? I am getting similar issue, please see if you can provide details on how you resolved this.

Thanks

Harpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could not find any solution of this issue and had to perform DB restore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shivam,

Do you find the below directory?

/usr/sap/install/SUM/sdt/system/DFG/JC20/j2ee/cluster/bin

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

I do not find directory - /usr/sap/install/SUM/sdt/system/DFG/JC20/j2ee/cluster/bin in my system.

Not sure if SUM should have created this as part of its previous steps execution.

Regards,

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shivam,

It is strange that SUM tool would look for something it didn't create or doesn't exist. Also you're in preprocessing phase so I doubt if there were issues during extraction of SUM tool SAR file. There are 2 things to do now:

1) Raise an incident with SAP and wait for them to get back, or

2) Reset SUM tool and extract it again and start from scratch.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam,

Is your issue resolved. also provide us details of the dev_dispatcher and dev_servero logs from your shadow instance folder /usr/sap/install/SUM/sdt/system/DFG/JC20/work.

Also as your shadown system is down it might be the phase and the required index file the SUM is not able to identify. so my opinion will be to start the shadow instance first and retry.

Regards,

Ram