SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI posting to cost sharing grants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We are having grants with cost sharing rules (e.g. External fund 80%, Internal fund 20%). In our derivation, GM objects are derived from internal order. And we have maintained the rule-based account assignment distribution. When we create PO and assign the internal order in the account assignment. System is able derive both external and internal fund. Thus both external and internal funds can be consumed according to the cost sharing percentage.

But if the document posted directly in FI, system can only consuming one fund derived in the derivation rule. How can we make the system to consume both external and internal fund for direct FI posting? Or anyone can share how you manage cost sharing scenario for direct FI postings?

Regards,

Wenxiang

4 REPLIES 4

amarlal_lohano
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Wenxiang Sun,

The above scenario has been discussed in following thread:

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3746377

I hope this will serve your purpose.

Regards,

Amar Lal

0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

Thanks for your reply. I have actually seen the same thread before I post the question.

If I have understand correctly from the thread, user will need to specify External and Internal fund during the posting. The system will not auto split based on the cost sharing rate maintained in the grant master. Is this the standard SAP behaviour? If so, it cannot meet the user's requirement. Can we have the system to auto split when the posting is triggered from FI?

When the posting is triggered from MM(ie. PO), system will auto split into external and internal fund based on the cost sharing percentage by generating two account assignments.

Please kindly share with me more about your experience. Thanks.

Regards,

Wenxiang

0 Kudos

Dear Wenxiang Sun,

Yes you are right, the system will not auto split based on cost sharing rate maintained in the grant master. If you want system to automatically derive the correct internal or external fund during FI or MM posting, in that case you have to maintain its derivation in FMDERIVE and GMDERIVE.

You can derive the Internal and External fund assignment on the basis of two difference Internal Orders having similar number range, such as ABC-001 (For External Fund) and ABC-002 (For Internal Fund) and that worked for us.

Regards,

Amar Lal

Former Member
0 Kudos

But in our case, we need to enter one internal order and system should auto split into External and Internal fund based on the cost sharing rate. We are able to do this in MM with the help of FMSPDERIVE. However, we cannot achieve this if the posting is done in FI.

Anyone has done it before? Or any work around available? Thanks

Regards,

Wenxiang