cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Other" Cause Codes, Damage Text in reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm just getting into using Standard Analysis/Damage Anaylsis (e.g. T-Code MCI5). and since we're relatively new to SAP our damage and cause codes are very generic. The Tech's have been using "other" and entering the exact problem in the text box (see pic). Is there a way for me to run a report showing me what has been entered into these text boxes?

Thanks,

-Doug Greig

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check transaction IW65 and

Regards

Vivek

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm herewith explaining with the help of your own picture:

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Douglas,

• Though you have closed the thread, I feel there is some misunderstanding about fields and tables. I want make it clear that, the Code texts of your query are very much present in tables VIQMFE and VIQMUR. The text available in QPCT are the Code texts. Means texts related to Codes. But your interest is about the Free texts associated with Codes. The field names are VIQMFE-FETXT and VIQMUR-URTXT.
  • The QPCT table contains the texts associated with the Codes. The field name KURZTEXT here gives respective code text when we pass the Catalog (field KATALOGART) value, the Code Group (field CODEGRUPPE) value and the Code (field Code) value.
  • Also go through this post to understand about this table:
  • Also the suggested tcode IW65 is no where related to your query.

Only with an intention of providing you right information.

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, as Maria mentioned you have flat reports in standard IW68 (Change) or IW69 (Display). My reply was to match your requirement of PMIS-like analytical report. For this you need to go for ABAP (Here even it will be inconvenient to use SAP Query tool to achieve). In such case you can give multiple Drill-downs to the fields of initial summary/aggregate report you get. So if these standard reports do not address the requirement, then your ABAPer can give the solution.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

Check IW68 / IW69

Regards

Terence

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Douglas,

I am afraid the answer to your very clear question is negative. This PMIS report (MCI5) is based on the statistics of Codes which have texts. So the alternative is to develop a report using tables VIQMFE (for Item / Damage texts and VIQMUR for Cause texts). Reports can be made either through SAP Query or ABAP. Obviously the other alternative is to go for detailed Codes (avoiding use of 'Other')

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao