cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert date into text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to convert the date field of a date picker UI control to a text field. I have formatted the date picker, so that it shows the month and the year in form MM.YYYY

Then I tried to send this field to a query, which needs the date for filtering matters, but only takes text entries.

When I now try to convert for example 04.2007 (from the date picker) to text format, I get 13620.

I assume it`s the date as integer, but I need it as display in the date picker field.

Has anyone an idea, how to solve this?

Regards,

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member720137
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias

As far as i can make out from ur question is u want to send date as 042007 not as 04.2007...

u can use MID expression to do that..

MID(Fieldname,0,2) & MID(Fieldname,2,4)

Reward Points if helpful

Thanks

Puneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your quick answers.

Puneet your solution with the MID function worked. I wanted to send the date as 02.2007, but he change it into a number when I converted it to a text. But the MID function use directly the date and don`t convert it.

But I had a question to Luis. This expression editor listens quite interesting, but I can`t find him. Could it be, that it isn`t supported anymore under VC 7?

Thanks to all,

Matthias

Message was edited by:

Matthias Marchl

lanzlf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

I double checked few minutes ago and.....

Yes is still available in NW2004s SPS11

Best Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah sorry,

my fault. I`ve seen a screenshot in the documentation of the VC 6 where it looks completely different (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7d/6aa340fa432b54e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm)

So I thought, that it is something else

Thanks Luis.

Best Regards,

Matthias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lanzlf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias

You can use an expression editor and then convert the date format into a diferent one.

HTH,

Best Regards,

Luis