cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with BICS connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are facing an issue in creating a BICS connection / modifying the existing BICS connection. The error is "The current password is expired. Please change your password in the ABAP backend as well as in your local destination configuration"

However the reports using the existing connection (where same credentials are used) is working absolutely fine. And also when we try to create the connection in UDT (with the same credentials) that also works fine. The issue happens only when we try to modify the olap connection or create a new olap connection.

This looks to be very strange. Has anyone faced a similar issue / any thoughts on the same?

The environment is

BO 4.1 SP5 FP3

BW 7.3

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All - There is one more observation that we have made, that the user we are using is not dialog user. Is it not possible to use the non-dialog user for the same?

Also, it is happening only with this user. If we use some other normal/dialog user it is working OK.

rgds,

Prakash S

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Might be the password in the BW set as initial or password is expired..You need login on the BW system and change the password.After that OLAP connection will work with Analysis for OLAP.

I have faced the same issue and resolved with changing the password in BW.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit - Thanks for your reply. Actually this is a system (communications) user and the credentials has been used for years. They are also set to never expire.

Have you changed the password when you are  logging to Analysis for Excel client?

rgds,

Prakash S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Please try editing the connection from Information Design Tool (IDT).

Also try creating new OLAP connection with same credentials and then try to edit it and see if you experience the same issue.

Thanks,

Parag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parag - Thanks for your reply.

Yes I am able to created and edit the connection successfully using IDT. This only happens when I try to do in CMC. The connections does not work in Analysis for OLAP as well.

Interestingly, when I try to use the Analysis for Excel add-on (thick client) then when I try to login it prompts me to change the password..However, haven't tried to change as it is the system user used by all the reports.

Not sure why is it happening, as this user has been used since many years and the password is also set to never expire.

Is it wise to change the password using the prompt in Analysis for Excel client? Is it possible to keep the same password as new password? Has any one faced this? As it is a production system, I am more cautious with all these queries!!

Thanks for all your responses...

rgds,

Prakash S

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash

Just to confirm...

1) You try to create a new OLAP connection to BW within the CMC and it fails.

2) You create the same connection to the same BW system with UDT, with the same credentials, and it is successful

3) You use SAP GUI to connect to the same BW system with the same credentials and it is successful.

4) All connections to the same BW system using the same credentials are successful... except when you try to create (or edit) an OLAP connection within the CMC.

Depending on Prakash's reply, this may need to be moved back to the AOLAP page as the same team owns the OLAP Connections page in the CMC.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Ian. They are correct. Thanks

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This sounds like you are creating an OLAP connection

This space is for using BusinessObjects Analysis for OLAP

Would you please clarify?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy - Yes it is a OLAP connection. The issue was faced initially in Analysis for OLAP when attempted to create the new workspace.

Is it possible to move this thread into to another space wherever applicable?

rgds,

Prakash S

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm moving it to the BI Platform space; assuming you made your OLAP connections in the CMC.