Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move the attachments from MDG Tables to ECC table

former_member517519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can anyone help in letting me know that how can I move the attachments from USMD1212 and USM1211 table to ECC table for vendor.

As per some other post, I came to know that it will be done through custom program/FM. If anyone has any pseudo code for that it will be really helpful.

Any useful help will be appreciated.

Regards

Ashu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member517519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Any input/suggestion please.

Regards

Ashu

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi, one option would be to add a workflow step after activation.

In this step, you access the attachments to the CR via any of the APIs (probably best to use convenience API).

You then use the BAPIs of the DMS to create documents (DRAW and originals) as well as the document assignment (DRAD).

If you have more than one vendor in the CR, you of course need to decide which document gets attached to which vendor.

Good luck, Ingo Bruß

former_member517519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo

Thanks for the response. Could you please elaborate Which API will i have to use for this. Also I dont think I have DMS in my landscape. For this what I have done till now is create a FM which will read the attachments in raw format from USMD1211 and USMD1212 table based on the CR number. But now I am concerned after getting these in RAW format how will I convert into doc type and save in vendor master table.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Ashu

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi, the different APIs are explained here: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-45127

Please note: Many MDG relevant guides are collected here: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7858

I'd rather assumed that you use DMS (document management system / packages CV*) if you link documents to vendor masters. If you use another document management system, you'll certainly need to use a different set of APIs.

Regards, Ingo Bruß