Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of Material Quantity

soumyadipta_das
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have a requirement which is as follows:

I have created one sales order with a material say ABC with 100 qty. Now I have done order related billing for the same for 100 qty and accounting document not generated., then delivery and PGI for 100 qty.

Now, again I gone to the change mode of the sales order and want to increase the quantity of the material from 100 to 200. Is this possible? if yes, is this possible to change the quantity at billing document. I think its not possible in standard SAP.

Is there any solution for this?

Please give your valuable suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Soumya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

soumyadipta_das
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions and comments.

The scenario is like this :

My client is currently having a tolling or processing service. The process starts when raw material from customer arrives at the plant. The raw materials are received at the plant and sent for processing. After processing is over, it is taken back into cold storage and then the billing is done for customer. Now customer may take the material after 2 month or 3 month. Depending on that, delivery and PGI are done. Business takes a storage charge from customer if the material lies in the cold storage post 30 days after GR. It is fixed charge. Business runs billing every 7 or 10 days. and as per requirement, sales order would be created once material taken back into storage after processing and also to create billing after that. They will generate a DPS-Daily Production System report after that.

For the above scenario, our proposal is like this: First we shall create a service agreement, with respect to the agreement, sales order would be created when the materials are ready to be delivered. Now with respect to SO, order related billing would be done. Then delivery, PGI.At last, a storage report would be generated for the storage charge and if storage charge is applicable, then a separate invoice for storage charge would be generated.

Can we approach in the above mentioned way?

For the same, the requirement is there.

Please suggest if any alternate way is there.

Thanks in advance..

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why after Billing you want to change the quantity at SO, what is the logic behind this?

However before asking you should have tried this in you system. This will not be possible and not logical also when coming to business. Ideally billing should be cancelled and then changes at SO level can be done.

Please explain us the business process and your actual requirement.

Thanks

SS

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the business process ?  Why after doing sale order billing, you were doing PGI?  Needless to mention, you can increase the quantity in sale order but not in the saved billing document.

G. Lakshmipathi