cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPM1 Valuation Message no. VAL105

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

i am experimenting problems when running TPM1, with this operation OTC; interco Facilities Utilization product.

I am getting this messages:

• The position was valued according to the settings of the relevant position management procedure. No write-ups/write-downs were generated.)

This is not true the update type is set in Settings for Position Management, increases as Post Negative Purchase Value, and the Investment / Decrease set as Post Purchase Value. The transaction has no postings, but flows Flagged for posting

And following messages:

• “Market exchange rate is being used instead of purchase exchange rate”
  • "Market exchange rate is being used instead of book exchange rate”

Could you get me a hint?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please check the valuation procedure assignment to position management of your product.

In customization: IMG- Treasury and Risk Management--TM--General setting--Accounting--Setting for position Management procedure--Assign position Management procedure.

Here, Please check the Position Management procedure assignment to your product type.

Then go to below customization.

In customization: IMG- Treasury and Risk Management--TM--General setting--Accounting--Setting for position Management procedure--Key date valuation.

Please check valuation procedure, In this customization write update/ down assigned and because of this you are getting the same.

regards,

Jain

former_member226654
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

can you please tell me the product type and product category

If these are swap products, than valuation can be done by using some BADI

Best Regards

Bajaj Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

It s Money Market product, intercompany facilities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jain,

The Position Management assignment is informed to my product type: 3002 MM transactions;

shall i change it to  2500, MM Mark to Market FX/ PL...?

In Position management prodcedure i have 2500

And in SEc bal procedure Mark to market..

Other things that bugs me, if i do the reval. of other product type like 55M, and its not in informed in Position Management assignmentpos management Assignment, works properly...

Thanks very much

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

Its a business call how they want to valuate the position.Yes, if you consider standard you can use 2500 for the money market.

PMP is use to valuate the position and also how the derived business transactions are to be generated the case of position outflows or balance sheet transfers.

I am sorry i could not understand your below query. Could you please rephrase your query.

Other things that bugs me, if i do the reval. of other product type like 55M, and its not in informed in Position Management assignmentpos management Assignment, works properly...

Regards,

Jain

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Julio,

Is this issue resolved?

Regards,

Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could not check at all, im afraid until next week wont be possible...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again Jain,

The main issue was resolved, but i still have cases that it does not work. I can´t see the logic in those operations

in my Settings for Position Management - Define Position Management Procedure

My position mgm procedure is define for MM in 1 step Foreing currency val with the procedure 1000 Mark to market

Messages  in valuation TPM1

a. Market exchange rate is being used instead of purchase exchange rate  VAL108

The valuation step requires the foreign exchange purchase rate for the valuation key date. The system determines the foreign exchange purchase rate from the purchase values in position currency and valuation currency.

No foreign exchange purchase rate could be determined for this position since at least one of the purchase values is 0.

System Response

Instead of the foreign exchange purchase rate, the system uses the foreign exchange market rate on the valuation key date.

b. Market exchange rate is being used instead of book exchange rate    VAL107

The valuation step requires the foreign exchange book rate for the valuation key date. The system determines the foreign exchange book rate from the book values in position currency and valuation currency.

No foreign exchange book rate could be determined for this position since at least one of the book values is 0.

System Response

Instead of the foreign exchange book rate, the system uses the foreign exchange market rate on the valuation key date.

Could you possibly have the reason of those? Do you know how to correct them?

Thanks in advance, very much appreciated

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julio,

I am not clear with your requirement? Please rephrase the issue with your requirement and system response.  it would be easy for me to analyze if you put the issue with example in figures.

nevertheless please check your setting in PMP for write up and write down rule in IMG-Treasury and Risk Management-Transaction Manager-General Settings-Accounting-Settings for Position Management-Key Date Valuation

Define One-Step Price Valuation Procedure and Define Foreign Currency Valuation Procedure.

Please share the details customization you have made in this and PMP (Define Position Management Procedure)

Regards,

Jain

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

feng_dong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please upload the screen shot for TPM12, TPM13 and position management procedure defination?

Thanks and regards, Feng

Former Member
0 Kudos