Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List Report - issue with Result Set content

MountainKing
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a simple List Report for Relationship objects in my Logical Data Model. I created a Result Set to capture a snapshot of the content of the report, but the properties of the underlying report and its Result Set are different. I have attached screenshots of both for comparison.

Any ideas why this is happening? It makes capturing the Result Sets a bit pointless - I'll need to export to Excel or similar instead.

Thanks,

Antony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've never seen result sets misbehave like this. You've found a bug!

Which version of PD are you using?

MountainKing
Explorer
0 Kudos

Wahey! It's 16.5 SP04 PL01, 16.5.4.1 (4535).

Is it worth me looking into upgrading, assuming this has been fixed in a later version? I would prefer not to for the time being.

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have this problem with all your List Reports, or just a few? I wouldn't let this issue force you to upgrade.

MountainKing
Explorer
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, there are problems with all the reports. In the majority of cases, any row in the Result Set correctly corresponds to the original row in the Report, but there are several examples where they are out of sync.

For example, I have an attribute of Data Type Variable Characters (2000). In the Report itself, I include Length and Precision columns which show '2000' and null respectively. The Result Set shows Length of '2' and Precision of '000'.

The most common problem seems to be values in the Result Set moving one or more columns to the right compared to the original report, so some actual data is missing in the Result Set.

I create Result Sets so I can compare changes to the model. I can get round this by dumping a report to Excel periodically, but it would nice to keep all the Result Sets together in the model.

Would be interested to know if later versions of PD are behaving like this. I'll raise a bug with SAP if so.

marc_ledier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seeing 2.000 changed to 2 and 000 make me think of thousand separator mis-matched with column separator.

Could you try changing (for a test) you system locale to not use thousand separator ?

Probably you should open a case then.

Marc

MountainKing
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have raised a ticket with SAP.

I checked on Knowledge Base first and I found an article (attached - I couldn't upload a PDF to SCN, so I've saved it as two PNG files), which is related to my problem - unfortunately, it's still under investigation by SAP...