cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top down approach while entering original budget .

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I have a scenario where in (CJ30 ) while entering the budget only top to bottom approach  should be allowed ,

In my current settings both top to bottom and bottom to top (EDIT TOTAL UP ) is possible, Kindly let me know if i can restrict only the top to bottom approach if yes pls let me know how to go about it .

Thanks

Suvin.Sugathen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as per standard sap cost distribution approch should be top to down and always roll up cost be bottom up. even you are using such functionality in your scenario so let me know when you edit then total cost always cost rollup on top wbs?

this is good practice to use budget functionality top down plannning form. restriction of top down is not possible in standard system so you can check with abap if they are able to customize as you expect.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev ,

Thanks for the reply appreciate it .

Yes, the total cost rolls (Edit-Total up )

Is it possible that I can have only the top to bottom approach.

Issue is that the end user enter the budget at child level and then edit-totals up, it so happens that most of the  time they forget to enter the budget against some child wbs. we have lock in place where in once the budget is entered and saved n changes can be made in the existing budget.

Kindly let me know it only top down approach can be allowed at the time of entering budget.

Regards

Suviin.S

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

for top down approach you have to assign budget to top level wbs as level 1 then whenever budget required by child wbs will auto distribute by distribute rule.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suvin,

As you mentioned in standard SAP you have it open, but maybe you should explain what is the expected difference, since the final result will be the same.

How that sequence can make a difference?

The way to force it is maybe getting the top-level budget from the IM module, then whatever you do in CJ30 cannot end up with a budget bigger then in the top node.

Regards,

Paulo