cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening balances issue after running the consolidation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am running consolidation and noticed that when I see the Closing balances eliminations, they are happening correctly. But when the same comes to the opening balances elimination, all the data in the Input audit id becomes zero and gets posted into a Elimination ID instead of getting the reverse posting.

Below are the screen shots:

Opening Balance in USD in Non group scope:

Opening balance in  Input in group scope after consolidation

Closing balance in the group scope after consolidation

Business Rules configured:

Please suggest.

Regards,

Shilpa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

Thanks for the support.

Please find the below screen shots. I could notice that the F_Var-Net variation in LC currency is correctly coming in the flows while for group currency it is not. I am unsure if this has an impact.

Kindly advice

1. LC/Non group/ 1060 Entity/Input Audit trial

2. USD/Non group/ 1060 Entity/Input Audit trial

3. USD/ OG1000 / 1060 Entity/Input Audit trial

4. Ownership Hierarchy for 2012.06

5. Ownership Hierarchy for 2013.06

Regards,

shilpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

So the problem is not the consolidation but the currency conversion. What rule do you use for the conversion of account 261100?

BR,

Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

Thanks for the help.

The issue was in the Integration rule "I" (in Elimination and Adjustments) I have wrongly defined rules only for closing flow, later now included the opening flow as well.

Hence after running the consolidation, the opening balances in the group currency in the group scope became zero.

With regards to the conversions, as I am copying opening balances in both the LC and group currency, I have maintained the conversion rule for Opening flow "AS_IS". So what ever has been copied in USd will remain the same with out conversion at the time of consolidation.

Regards,

Shilpa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

have you defined flow_types in your flow dimension, such as OPENING, VARSCPERC, etc? And is the entity you are looking at new to the scope or has it been part of the scope in the prior year?

BR,
Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

The flow type Opening and closing are defined in the flow dimension. PFA the below screen shot.

We are configuring the consolidation process in BPC development system as a part of implementation and while testing the same I noticed this.

The client's fiscal year is July to June and hence for period 2013 June, I have copied the opening balances from 2012 June (Prior Year closing ).

Then after running the consolidation for 2013 June, my closing balances are fine but the opening balances have the mentioned problem.

And regarding the scope dimension change, yes we included a new hierarchy in the dimension based on the request (i.e, till Sep 2013 they need one hierarchy and later they have added a few entities and hierarchy is little changed.  We are using the same scope for both 2012.06 and 2013.06. Does this impact the opening balances. Please help me how it does and what has to be done to correct the same.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Shilpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

Have you define F-CLO in currency translation business rule, if you define flow type F_CLO in currency translation business rule in source flow section then Elimination process through consolidation in flow type F_Opening should not be run.

Khokan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debnath,

I have selected the source flow in the business rules as F_CLO and have tried to check.

Still the problem persists. Please suggest.

Regards,

Shilpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

If you select  F_CLO in business rule then elimination can only run in closing flow.If you want to run elimination both the flow then remove the flow from both the source and target ,then it  can run dynamically both the flow which you will select in context.Also remove the flow from Currency translation business rule.Run the consolidation through DM then you can easily understand where is the actual problem.

Khokan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

so the flow OG1000 is used for 2012.06 and 2013.06? And the entity in question has the same method and percentage defined for this scope in both periods?

Could you show a report that shows account 261100 for the entity in question will all flows defined in your system in LC/G_NONE, USD/G_NONE and USD/OG1000?

BR,

Arnold