Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue with generating notifications out of plan with multiple items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have encountered the following issue

for a strategy plan with notification being a call object, I have system generating a notification only for the first item.

Whereas other parameters seem to be ok- call horizon 100%, key date aligned with TL assigned and scheduling period is 18 MON also correlates with packages in TL.Start of cycle say, 01.08.2015. Interval for call objects in IP30 is 12 MON

There's not much room for manoeuvre in SPRO- only for maint. plan categories, but it's not relevant for the topic..

So, after IP10 and IP30, system generates only one call for first item, whereas it is 'business as usual' if call object is Order as well as if it's done for single-cycle plan- everything is getting created for both items..

any ideas? anything I missed?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

Did you check the Task List validity for the second Maintenance Item for which Notification is not triggered.

Also check maintenance packages for the same.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

As I mentioned, key date for TL is before call date for sure and as far as I know there's no validity on packages, so that has no influence at all.

But anyway- I am using the same TL for both items-that's why it looks so weird, why one item would get notification generated and another-not..

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sergey,

Try entering IP10 and press the refresh button at the bottom of the screen. It may throw up some error messages..

Also go into IP10 and select the first call, then click the glasses icon at the bottom of the screen (display call object). What information does it show here?

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

well, the image above (first one) was from IP24

yet, I did what you've suggested

pressed Refresh button in IP10 and then run IP30 manually with the same interval (for 12 MON)

and alas, nothing has changed-I still get silly 'green' log (which doesn't tell anything)

and IP24 again just shows the same 'status'- no other notifications are created, netheir for second maint.item nor even subsquent ones for the first item.

So, it looks like it's worth to make OSS- appears to be a glitch that prevents generating subsequent notifications specifically for strategy plan...

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try my other suggestion:

Also go into IP10 and select the first call, then click the glasses icon at the bottom of the screen (display call object). What information does it show here?

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry Pete-yes, I did this as well and it didn't give much of info.. at least to me..

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sergey,

So IP10 agres with IP24 - there is a notification number missing..

Are you using any developments in the maintenance plan processing, or notification creation process? If so, then these may be causing the issue. You could try deactivating these developments and re-test.

Also, check if any of the notification numbers around 300037259 are linked to this plan/item/call number.

Failing that, raise an OSS Message to SAP to see what they recommend.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, just to close the loop.

the issue was resolved by deactivating BADI_EXIT_IPRM0003

There is FM READ_MPLAN clears the entries in the global table g_t_package_data_st_tl. First motification would be created , but that the second loop will call FM WP1_PACKAGES_SET_IND_VALIDITY, and this will give back no entries thus no subsequent notifications were created.

The FM READ_MPLAN would clear the global table g_t_package_data_st_tl. So by deactivating BADI_EXIT_IPRM0003 the issue was resolved

Thanks everyone, the thread is closed

Answers (0)