cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an extra timestamp while using SFTP Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I  have querry regarding SFTP adapter .I have a scenario where PI pulls the file from SAP using FTP adapter and then it pushes the same file to an external server using SFTP adapter.The catch here is that while pushing the file into external server there is a timestamp which is added .I dont want that timestamp to be added because the requirement is to send the file name as it is getting picked from SAP.Any solution to this on how can I avoid an extra timestamp.I have attached some screenhots for the configuration of SFTP.Is there any need to change the config do suggest the same.Its a single stack PI server

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pratik,

Are you sure the timestamp is not added before PI processing?, according with your configuration the PI is not adding any timestamp. With DynamicConfiguration, as Raghuraman proposed, you can construct the file name as you want to.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I havent added any timestamp.I had unchecked the same while configuring it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can i have the same file name as its placed on my Application server ieAL11.

For example the file name at application server is xyz_sysdate_systime.txt

But when PI picks the file frm AL11 and pushes onto external server the filename is as follows

xyz_sysdate_systime-sysdate_sys_time_random no.txt.How to deal with this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratik,

I hope in receiver communication channel at processing parameters tab you might have select file construction mode as "Add Timestamp".

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pratik,

you have any Dyanmic config written or just an bypass Scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dynamic Configuration as in.Din get your point.I have to place the same file from AL11 to an external server using PI and in advanced setting I had unchecked the timestamp parameter.Another observation lately was if PI picked more than 4 files,then it would have one file with correct name and rest files with an extra timestamp

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

UDF and mapping with Dyanmic configuration.Just check your cache status.Maybe you would have removed the add timestamp option wihich would have not reflected.