Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer receipts posting thru EBS automatically

avinash_p1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Our client requirement is customer receipts should post automatically when upload the bank statement in FF_5.

for that we have mapped posting rules as below for posting area 1 & 2

Posting area 1: to clear the bank clearing GL account as below. (Debit: Main bank a/c & Credit: Bank Receipt a/c it is successful)

Posting rule 2: To post the customer receipt a/c as below (Debit: Bank Receipt a/c, Credit: Customer a/c it is not success)

We also found billing document number in reference field of the customer invoice posted document and which also available in MT940 bank statement so we have maintained external transaction type interpretation algorithm as 021(reference document number search.)

Even though customer receipts are not posting automatically with posting area 2 but bank clearing GL a/c is clearing with posting area 1.

could you please let me know what is the steps i have been missed.

I read in SCN that search string will fulfill this requirement if so, please let me know step by step process for the same.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Let me recap your requirement:

In Posting area 1 you want post

Dr Main Bank

Cr Cash Receipt in clearing (a)

In Posting area 2, you want post

Dr Cash Receipt in clearing (b)

Cr Customer    (c)  (search by reference number) XBLNR

1) Do you want the system to clear items (a) and (b)?

From your post, you said area 1 is posted successfully and (a) is cleared and area 2 posting failed?

This seems not possible to happen, correct me if my understanding is wrong.

2) For posting area 2, if you want the system to search by reference number, you have to indicate an interval in the algorithm section for XBLNR when running FF_5.

Regards,

Alex

avinash_p1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yahui Liu

i have tried your 2nd point i.e. i have to indicate an interval in the algorithm section for XBLNR in FF-5 now it's working fine but posting to customer & bank clearing a/c not happened at a time. first time customer has been cleared & second time when i upload the bank clearing GL a/c has been cleared.

Please  let me know that how the both things would happen at a time.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

As far as I know,  it's seems not possible to clear (a) (b) and clear (c) at the same time.

Rationale:

Item (a) & (b) are generated during one session and they are two documents in sequence. Technically it also seems not possible, as when the posting area 1 happens (item a), posting area 2 doesn't happen yet (item b).

Possible Solution:

In posting area 1, the posting type will be 1

Do another step to clear (a) and (b).

In Posting area 1 you want post

Dr Main Bank

Cr Cash Receipt in clearing (a)

In Posting area 2, you want post

Dr Cash Receipt in clearing (b)

Cr Customer    (c)  (search by reference number) XBLNR

Hope this can clarify your doubts. If you other people have a better solution, please let me know.

Thanks,

Yahui

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

In posting area 2 on credit side  , posting key should be 15, But i don't see that in the screen shot you have pasted. Can you put 15 there and try...

Thanking you

Vengaiah

avinash_p1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vengaiah,

Thanks for your reply. In posting area 2, posting type 8 is not allowing any posting key on credit side because it is clearing of sub-ledger. if posting type is 3(posting to sub-ledger) then it will allow. but i want to clear customer line item at the time of posting.

as per current configuration status, when i import the bank statement, the error is "no customer is defined in the company code". hence it is working i guess but only thing is system is not able to pick customer. In this situation we might have to do other configuration like search string i guess. please suggest further.