Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAIN_SHDRUN/ACT_UPG - very SLOW

former_member142535
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are having performance issue when doing SFIN1503 add-on installation in Quality server.

This step is taking more than 24hours (still running) compare with Development server which is only took 1 hours.

No error can be found. Background job is running and I can see the DIA processer is running via SM50.

The system is currently doing activation on SAPA-74011INSAPUI. The file size is growing very slow.

Basically, the SUM is moving very slow.

I have gone thru SAPNOTE 1918279,1674812 and found that both notes are not related. The recommended pre-requisite, setting are all fulfil.

Furthermore, the spec for Q server are same with D server. Hardware should not be an issue. Also, the network speed  is normal. The transfer speed from both Application server to HANA servers is about the same. We have also tune the parameter to be similar with development server.

System :SAP ERP6.0 EHP7 SPS5

SUM Tools: SP14 (latest)

Kernel: 742 lvl 200 (latest)

DB: HANA rv 97 (latest)

Kindly advise if you have any idea.

Thank you.

BRs,

Por

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member142535
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maha, Thanks for the info. SUM will hit error after this step. I have solved this issue by implemented SAP NOTE 2213476 after reset the SUM.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This phase can run for hours and is one of the longest phases during an upgrade/update. Check if the logs at the OS level <DIR_PUT>/abap/tmp directory to see if they are getting updated. Connect to the system and do the "Check Status" for the job from Tx SM37 and see if the status changes. If there are no issues found and if the logs are updating then you will need to wait. Also last time when I did the S-FIN implementation this phase ran for a long time.

former_member142535
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes. Understand this. As mentioned, this step only took 1 hour in development server. Just curious why it take more than 24hours in Quality server still cannot finish.

0 Kudos

Hi Por,

Can you please check the SAP note: 1616401 - Parallelism in the Upgrades, EhPs and Support Packages implementations and accordingly set the DB parameters for better performance.

Regards,

Maha