cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PC Business Rule using BRF+

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to develop a business rule in SAP PC where i am looking at vlookup function between two tables.

I could not find something direct within BRF+.

If i understand it right - The two tables i need to compare cannot be taken together in a data source. Therefore, i will take one table (the main table where i need to populate the value). The other table i will have to take in BRF+ ??? Is this approach right? But how i proceed further within BRF+ workbench to  add the second table and then perform vlookup

Please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the other table is a Related table(Dependent or ...), then you can join them in Data Source itself.

Else, could you ask your ABAPer, to create a related table for your Main table

Regards

Plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

since i need to perform vlook up, i cannot join. because joining will eliminate the uncommon entries. That is the resultant would be entries with common values from the primary fields..

In BRF+ there is something called  as existence check.. i am not sure if that would be helpful.. But i dont know how to use it/ form a condition using it...

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

joining is done on the basis of common columns, but will not eliminate uncommon columns. you can still select all columns you need from both the tables.

coming to BRF+, i have existence check in DBLookup.

I think, you can create a table in Data object and then bind it to your table. Then do a vlookup, using formula.

Regards

plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

I cannot use the join condition as i need to compare a master table and transaction table; where master table is the main table and i need to check the existence of the primary key in master table for a given period within the transaction table..

BRF+ - i havent tried the DBlookup so i am not sure if i did it correctly. I created an expression of DBlookup within the BR object. thereafter of the three options (data retrieval, aggregation and existence check), i selected existence check. the moment i did i got the below error.. Was this the right approach? and what is this error about? do you have any idea.

Thanks

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

Could you try again, and give us the ST22 message, of this error.

Could you try using Formula Vloopup, instead of going through DBLookup

regards

plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Category               ABAP Programming Error

Runtime Errors         OBJECTS_OBJREF_NOT_ASSIGNED

Except.                CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL

Web Dynpro Component   FDT_WD_DB_LOOKUP

ABAP Program           /1BCWDY/HR1SB673GFVODW2KUUR5==CP

Application Component 

Date and Time          16.10.2015 12:15:56

Short Text                                                                                        |

|    Access using a 'ZERO' object reference is not possible.

What happened?                                                                                    |

|    Error in the ABAP Application Program                                                         |

|                                                                                                  |

|    The current ABAP program "/1BCWDY/HR1SB673GFVODW2KUUR5==CP" had to be                         |

|     terminated because it has                                                                    |

|    come across a statement that unfortunately cannot be executed

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you check

This speaks about the resolution

BR,

Plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

I posted the ST22 dump above..

When you say try using Formula Vlookup, do you mean to use one of the functions (please see the image attached)

In these, there is nothing like vlookup. Can you clarify where can i find the formula vlookup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

can u please guide, where can i find the vlookup formula

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same kind of issue but my screen was blank in BRF+ application.

Are there any prerequisites to be followed for using BRF+ to create some expressions or formulas to be used in BR.

I have tried executing the BRF+ transaction in the backend but the screen was blank and am not able to see the created BR's in the backend.

Thanks,

Vinay Athmakuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any idea on this please??