Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

641 movement type through sales cycle

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know I am asking weird question, but, its inevitable to post this query.

We have a requirement to explode BOM components in the STO delivery document. As far as I know its not possible in standard SAP. Hence, I am thinking in a radical approach to use standard order but triggering 641 movement type. This way I will satisfy the tax requirements and also, can show the stock in transit.

However, when i use 641 movement type during PGI system is looking for Purchase order number.

Is there anyway I can avoid getting this message and proceed with PGI ?

I have checked message controls, movement type settings, yet to positive results.

I am happy to hear any suggestions.

Regards, Sai Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

One question. Are your client running SAP with Retail? Because is the answer is yes you can do it with structured articles.

I hope it helps you

Regards

Ediuardo

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, It's IS media.

Please refer http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-48809

Regards, Sai Krishna

Message was edited by Jyoti Prakash on behalf of Sai Krishna

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you following any prices/Taxes structure at Delivery level?? Currently how your Tax tool getting the Taxes(Means the source of info)

Whether these sub-components are visible in PO now??

have you maintained the 0184 settings with your main & sub-component item categories with the usage of V  with delivery type???

Instead of making a change -Have you tried by making some source change at your TAX tool...

Means if LFART is X(normal delivery)--Take the value as usual..

If LFART is Y(STO delivery)-Take from PO by using Doc flow..

I may be wrong here-Pl correct if any..

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The following note explains why the components would not be exploded in delivery

• Note 2171874 - Can a BOM from a PO be split into an Outbound Delivery?

You can very well explain this to your client and ask them to adopt to standard functionality.  Moreover, if they want to see what are ll the components that would be delivered against a delivery, the receiving plant can very well display the corresponding PO and check for that.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks four reply. I have already explained this to my client. Unfortunately, we have prices and taxes are at component level and third party tax tool (tax engine) can recognise components only. Hence, it's became a bottle neck for the upcoming go-live.

Sai

ajith_kumar10
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

i hope it is hard coded in the programme that if we use 641 movement type it will check the reference of purchase order.

regards

Gopi

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are 100% correct Gopi. The entire program is written in 01 category in the movement type.. Anyway, thanks for your help.

Sai

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Did you check "Order required" in Order Reference section of Delivery Document Type (TCode 0VLK) used for this process?

Thanks, JP

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. JP

I have raised it to SAP. They are checking in my test system. Will keep you posted as soon as I hear something from them.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Sai Krishna