cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Classical System on Oracle (Only Storage Change)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts,

I have question regarding a SAP ERP System on Oracle say for example using XFS File System for Data and Log volumes. Also I have a sapmnt on NFS or Filer or Storage 1(for eg Netapp). Now I would like to just change the underlying storage to storage 2 by moving both Oracle DB and sapmnt. What is the best approach to do this operation if possible with out any downtime? It is like doing a Homogenous System Copy using BRTOOLS but we are not creating a new SAP System in the process or there is no target system. What is best recommended approach here in this kind of situation?

Full marks guaranteed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

> What is the best approach to do this operation if possible with out any downtime? What is best recommended approach here in this kind of situation?

This depends on your used OS and storage technology - just to mention a few:

• LVM mirroring = No downtime at all
  • Oracle RMAN Image File Copies + Incremental Updates = Downtime of a few mins only
  • SAPMNT can be synced with rsync (incrementally)

These are just examples, but all of these can be done with nearly (or no) downtime regardless the database size.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

Thanks a lot for your response. Do you have any documentation or links which explains this process in detail. I have searched a lot and there is no documentation around it. If you could provide some documentation or links that would be great.

Thanks and best regards

Krishna

Answers (0)