Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERRNO TEXT WSAECONNRESET: Connection reset by peer

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am working on Service Manager 4.2 SMP 3.0 sp07

I am getting an error while connecting to my Syclo client with the application in staging system.

It seems a connection issue but the error comes only when the CTProduct complex table is getting downloaded

Updating complex table 'CTProduct'...

Field Definitions received   Index Definitions received - rebuilding

CPIC-CALL: CMRCV on convId: 29469355

LOCATION    CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode

ERROR       connection to partner 'caedua0q.eu.carrier.utc.com:3300'         

broken TIME        Thu Oct 08 13:31:16 2015 RELEASE     720

COMPONENT   NI (network interface)

VERSION     40

RC          -6

MODULE      nixxi.cpp

LINE        4604 DETAIL      NiIWrite: P=<IPAddress>:3300; L=<IPAddress>:55921

SYSTEM CALL WSASend ERRNO       10054 ERRNO TEXT  WSAECONNRESET: Connection reset by peer COUNTER     4

Server error - please contact your administrator (13) Logging user out 

Also the SMP log has errors like

2015 10 08 02:52:43#0-400#INFO#System.out##anonymous#Agentry SAPCRMSM Worker Thread###ERRNO TEXT  WSAECONNRESET: CONNECTION RESET BY PEER | 2015 10 08 02:52:43#0-400#INFO#System.out##anonymous#Agentry SAPCRMSM Worker Thread###COUNTER     27 | 2015 10 08 02:52:43#0-400#INFO#System.out##anonymous#Agentry SAPCRMSM Worker Thread###    RETURN CODE: RFC_SYS_EXCEPTION(3) | 2015 10 08 02:52:43#0-400#INFO#System.out##anonymous#Agentry SAPCRMSM Worker Thread###    ERROR GROUP: 102 | 2015 10 08 02:52:43#0-400#INFO#System.out##anonymous#Agentry SAPCRMSM Worker Thread###    KEY: RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION | 2015 10 08 02:52:43#0-400#INFO#System.out##anonymous#Agentry SAPCRMSM Worker Thread###EXCEPTION RAISED BY CRP|CAEDUA08 | 2015 10 08 02:52:43#0-400#INFO#System.out##anonymous#Agentry SAPCRMSM Worker Thread### | 2015 10 08 02:52:43#0-400#INFO#System.out##anonymous#Agentry SAPCRMSM Worker Thread### AT COM.SAP.CONN.RFC.ENGINE.RFCIOOPENCNTL.RFCRECEIVE(RFCIOOPENCNTL.JAVA:2086) |

Has anyone encountered similar error? Please suggest

Thanks and Regards

Neha Mahanty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sudhiranjan_lenka
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Is this happening consistently with this particular CT?

We get this error, if the connection between SMP server and SAP server breaks due to some reason.

I would suggest, please try after disabling the CT(enable table=0 in config panel, restart is must) just to make sure the issue is with this CT.

Thanks,

Sudhir.

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

We are still struggling to solve this issue. We are connecting to the staging system from different locations, From India and UAE when we are connecting it fails always at CTProduct complex table. From US network , it works perfectly alright.

The complex table is fine I guess, otherwise we might get issue at US network also.

What do you think can be the issue?

Regards

Neha

sudhiranjan_lenka
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

I am not saying the issue because of CT, I meant this CT might be processing huge number of records in CMR which exceeds the time out period between SMP and SMP server.

Just to make sure this is not the issue, increase the JCO time out between SMP and SAP system or else disable this CT(you can disable this CT temporarily from admin panel instead of config panel).

Thanks,

Sudhir.

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Thanks for all the suggestions and sorry to reply very late.

This issue is solved now. Basically we were getting this issue in a low network connectivity area.

Since the connection was very low is some areas and records were huge this was leading to the timeout.

we increased the JCO time and server time outs to support this..

Thanks

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Neha.

Can you please share what are those JCO and server timeout parameters that you have modified? I have the same error which I encountered to one of our systems.

Cheers,

Virgilio

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Virgilio,

This error is due to the network connectivity. We have done the below changes in the SMP server.

1. In the JAVABE.ini file add the property

[JCO3_CUSTOM_PROPERTIES]

jco.client.idle_timeout=18000

jco.destination.expiration_time=1800

2. In SAP Management cockpit  in the App Specific Settings

Server Inactive Timeout =  3600

Since in the JAVABE.ini file the custom property is added hence you need to redeploy the application to see the effect . You can even increase the time outs if needed.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Neha

Answers (0)