cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira Files uploaded to Cloud.saplumira.com not working

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

I've created a Lumira Dashboard on my desktop client - and uploaded it to the cloud but the uploaded file won't open in the web browser.

It is listed as an SAP Lumira file type - and has a blue and white icon - but when you hover over it - it won't let you open the file.

I've tried uploading the raw data and creating the dashboard directly in the cloud client - but there doesn't seem to be a way to create date or geography hierarchies in the cloud version.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How have you uploaded it to the cloud?  Did you share it to the cloud?  Could you please provide some screen shots using the camera icon?

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

the top three files I've uploaded from Lumira Desktop (the top one was uploaded directly into cloud from the cloud interface, the next two were uploaded to cloud using the save-as functionality of the desktop client)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shane,

This won't work; you need to share from Lumira Desktop:

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

So much better!  Thanks!

Is there a way to allow other users to edit your files on the cloud?  It seems like they can only view ...

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think it depends on how shared - view versus edit

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy - nice to meet you at TechEd.

I'm trying to click on Share > Share to Lumira Cloud

and its only sending the data set...none of the visualizations are being sent to the cloud...  not sure what i'm doing wrong.

I've tried clicking on 'All Visualizations' or individually selecting the visualizations (which highlight blue) - but the Upload to Lumira cloud button disappears.

For a follow up question - is there any way to create a story in the cloud and share it with someone via a direct URL to the story?    I'm trying to figure a way out to embed my Lumira dashboards into NWBC using a URL - but i'm not sure if this is possible.

Thanks

Shane

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

it also seems to take 2-5 minutes to upload files to my cloud...is this expected?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you use the camera icon and show us how you are sharing?

BTW it was nice to meet you too last week.

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm clicking on 'Share' then  'Publish to SAP Lumira Cloud'

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shane - click on the visualization and then click Share to Cloud - does that work?

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

No - when you click on an individual (or group of) visualization(s) the upload to cloud button disappears.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It sounds like you need to create a story of your visualizations and then the button appears - see below:

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

if i try this - it uploads the story as a stand-alone story.  But I'm not sure why there is no way to upload my .lums file that contains the dataset, stories, and visualizations i've already created...

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To my knowledge, the cloud does not support an upload of the .LUMS file.  That is for Lumira for BI Platform...

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

it just seems strange to me that you can create visualizations in the desktop client - but you can't upload them with your data to the cloud...

Answers (0)