cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Calendar - Adhoc request

Former Member
0 Kudos

All - We have a requirement where we have to enable the option for Business analyst to enter customer holiday request in customer's calendar(Unloading Point). We already have customer calendar's defined(for example X1- 7 days, X2 - 5 days, X3 - Monday,Wednesday and Friday) for customers and assigned in unloading point. Is there any SAP Standard functionality available to accommodate customer request for example. Customer1 requesting to update our system as holiday for them on Nov 20th. Once we maintain nov 20th as holiday for the customer, the Sales order processing should consider this date as holiday for the customer and propose the next available date as CCD. Also the existing sales orders should get rescheduled and consider the holiday and determine the new CDD.

Appreciate your input.

thanks,

Arun.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciate your inputs.

thanks,

-arun.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello.

I do not think that you can have this exact functionality in a standard ERP system.

In DSD visit plan maintenance there is an option to set dates on which the customer should not be visited, but this is a completely different process - there you have a speculative load and visit customers who can buy or not the products on a truck or return other products.

From SAP perspective even if the customer has stated that he is closed for the day you might still deliver the products, because it can be important for him to get the goods (you receive only a warning message for next possible date, that you can override).

If this is really a business critical issue, you will have to go for additional development - especially considering that it is not practical to have too many factory calendars active in production (CRM and ERP calendar maintenance is usually done by different teams and syncronization between them can be a challenge). In case you also use CRM or mobile devices for order entry, you will may need also to perform some changes in the logic there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vaselina - Thank you very much for your response. I will take all your inputs and follow the instructions and i do have one more question.

We also use SCM for GATP and using time stream ID's in it during order scheduling. Do we have any options in Time Stream - SCM to accommodate this requirement. Appreciate your input.

thanks,

-arun.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From what I know APO also uses calendars to determine the delivery date, but with configurable scheduling for example you have a greater flexibility compared to ERP.

Unfortunately I do not possess the necessary expertise in that area (plus no APO server to play in) to suggest a solution - so I really do not wish to provide you with incorrect or misleading information on the subject.

Probably you can check the possibilities with your colleague responsible for APO or ask for advice in the SCM forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Veselina - Thank you for your inputs, i will follow your instructions.

thanks,

-arun.

Answers (0)