cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing hierarchies

Joe_Peters
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am attempting to navigate hierarchies in reports.

Using: /biprws/raylight/v1/documents/xxxxx/reports/1/driller/hierarchies, I get a response that contains:

drillelements

drillelement

{}

@ambiguous=false

@inQuery=false

@inScope=true

@qualification=Dimension

id=DP0-D073

name=Level1

The id allows me to associate a report element with its position in the hierarchy, so I can perform drill up/down operations.

But in some cases (seemingly with custom hierarchies), the id is a different type:

drillelements

drillelement

{}

@ambiguous=false

@inQuery=false

@inScope=true

@qualification=Dimension

id=L7

name=Segment

I can't figure out how to correlate this id (L7) with a report element.  The hierarchies result does contain an ID for the hierarchy itself (DP0.DH1b, in this case), but it doesn't appear that the hierarchy detail is available anywhere.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eric_festinger
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Joe,

I'm not sure if it will help but "Lxxxx" is usually a "variable" or "link" (aka merged dimension) identifier.

see sections 8.1.17 and 8.1.18 of the "Web Intelligence & BI Semantic Layer RESTful web service" documentation for 4.1 SP6.

Regards,

eric

Joe_Peters
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Eric.

Yes, it was related to merged dimensions.  I had searched the documentation for "merged", but found nothing and assumed it was not supported.

Thank you,

Joe

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your feedback. regarding your comment, we plan to update the documentation to make it clearer about this point.

Best regards,

Anthony

Answers (0)