cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBP on sFIN 2.0 - Where can I find cost center planning work book using AO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have been asked to setup an IBP demo. Our basis team has installed sFIN 2.0. But, we/BW guys had to do activation of IBP components and still, we are not sure if we have activated all the necessary components.

Using Analysis for Office, I would like to open the cost center planning work book supplied by SAP.I am not able to find where it is.

What I need is :

1. Where I can find the set of planning work books using Analysis for Office front end?

2. What is the port no IBP HTTP service is running. i.e. I want to access IBP's front end. My basis team is not able to tell that. I know the IP and I need the default port the IBP system is running.

3. Any checklist that could tell us about the steps needed to ensure proper installation/activation of IBP components.

Thank you,

Peri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Peri,

Good one of your error is solved,

As you are setting this up for first time, you need to change how your planning query takes the data.

Refer the blog 

Also you should try to use RSRT transaction to check this and that is the best way to analyze the query

See in debugging mode or get a developer to check this.

Most likely it will be issue of your query trying to get the posted data instead of master data for the filter fields,

You need to change this in Query designer tool,

Hope this helps,

Regards

Rishab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Rishab.

I took one of the IRQs(Cost Center Planning on Periods) and changed the property you mentioned(from posted to master data) and saved it using BEx query designer. Then, when I tried to open the corresponding work book, it threw error message.

I tried to execute the same IRQ in RSRT and it generated ABAP dump error. Some of my subsequent posts in this regard to this forum have been rejected by the moderator. I am not sure why!

My issue still there and I am stuck with this.

I am currently working on BPC 10.0 based project. And, I am still confused with IBP landscape... when it comes to... access to IBP thru web browser.  Here, we talk of Fiori apps and I am not familiar with that. Fiori apps nothing but BPF tasks shown in tiles format thru the web browser? Also, I am not able to connect to IBP thru browser that way I do with BPC 10.0. Appreciate your help on this as well.

Thank you.

Regards,

Peri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Peri, you can activate that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Rishab.

I am now facing a new issue...

when I tried to open cost center planning work book using Analysis for Office, I am getting the following error message:

SAP BI Add-in has disconnected all data sources. (ID-111007)

Any idea on what is causing this issue?

Thank you,

Peri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peri,

Please refer the note-1972819 - Setup Integrated Business Planning for Finance and the blog-

This will have all that you need to do to activate IBP in the system.

Make sure the BI content for both ERP Planning and Sfin planning is active.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Rishab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Rishab.

I am more of a BPC guy. When activating BI content, do I need to activate BI content for ERP planning and sFIN planning SEPARATELY? I will then ask our BW chap to check this.

Thank you,
Peri