cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create/activate a DB Oracle OpenHub destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

I should create a OpenHub destination that exports data in a DB Oracle connection. I have two general issues:

1) When I choose Destination Type "DB Table" and select an Oracle Connection, I get the generic error: My_Connection is not a valid DB connection. It seems it is able to work just with HANA DBs.

2) Even if I registenr my connection as HANA DB, I can save the OpenHub but I cannot activate it, resulting in errors documented in note 2056507, but the release I'm working on is SAPKW74008 (not on HANA DB).

Any suggestions??

Would you please also indicate me some link where I can find all the licensing rules when I export data to an Oracle DB? have I the same issues even if I export data to Orable through an ABAP program?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone else?

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simone,

Open Hub is subject to licensing. My question is: do you have a license and is it registered (i.e. known by the system)?

Best regards,

Sander

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know, licensing for OpenHub is necessary when it is needed to connect to non-SAP external systems, so I asked for it to the customer as this should be the scenario. Despite this, I was performing very basic technical tests on a lab system and I noted the above issues, that should be independent from license aspects, aren't they?

As far as you know, may I have licensing issues if I try to read/write to an Oracle external DB by using ABAP programs?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simone,

Using OHD to external system is subject to licensing. Using ABAP program (via RFC) should work fine. Or alternate is write the data to file system and using a filter transfrer program send the data to Third party system.

Thanks.

-J