cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule for an another user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mi version is 4.1SP1, I previously used Java SDK 3.1 and there is a method named setScheduleOnBehalfOf on interface ISchedulingInfo.

I read the Rest API and don't see something similar, is there something I don't saw, or some trick to schedule instead of somebody else, as we can do in CMC?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cyril,

There is no Rest API at this time that will allow you to do this.  The workaround is to have the users saved in the Default settings of the report in the CMC.  Using "Schedule For" in the default settings will automatically send the report to the selected users/groups when scheduling through the REST APIs.

Also, see SAP Note: 2182615 to see the resolution to an issue found when using "Schedule For" in conjuction with the REST APIs.

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply, I'll try to change default user programmatically with SDK4.1

Is there an improvement planned to add "schedule for" in REST API in a future service pack ?

The great sadness is what the new REST API does not cover all the features that bosdk 3.1 have and are deprecated today through SDK.

I hope this will be fixed soon.

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not aware if that particular feature is on the roadmap, but if you put it on IdeaPlace, it will get looked at and I'll personally vote it up

SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform: Ideas

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel, do you know if there some news about the "schedule for" in REST API ?

eric_festinger
Contributor
0 Kudos

hello Cyril

As Dan suggested some months ago, the best would be to post the idea on Idea Place.

eric

Former Member

Answers (0)