cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Webi with prompts and History instance bug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My version is 4.1SP1, when I schedule a webi with prompts, schedule works fine, but when I go in CMC to see history of the webi I see a blank line instead of my schedules.

When I tried to get them from the api GET /documents/{documentId}/schedules , I have the instances.

Server side in the trace file, I found that.

java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.crystaldecisions.celib.properties.PropertyBag.getPropertyBag(java.lang.Object) of an object loaded from local variable 'prompt'

at com.businessobjects.clientaction.shared.Utility.GetParametersStr(Utility.java:932)

at com.businessobjects.clientaction.shared.history.ParameterCustomColumn.populateDataNode(ParameterCustomColumn.java:43)

at com.businessobjects.components.explorer.model.impl.ColumnWrapper.populateDataNode(ColumnWrapper.java:134)

at com.businessobjects.components.explorer.model.sdk.SDKPagingResult.createDataNodes(SDKPagingResult.java:331)

at com.businessobjects.components.explorer.model.sdk.SDKPagingResult.getCurrentPage(SDKPagingResult.java:113)

at com.businessobjects.components.explorer.model.impl.NodeFactory.addChildren(NodeFactory.java:616)

at com.businessobjects.components.explorer.model.impl.NodeFactory.refreshNode(NodeFactory.java:223)

at com.businessobjects.components.explorer.model.impl.NodeFactory.refreshNode(NodeFactory.java:158)

at com.businessobjects.components.explorer.model.impl.NodeFactory.createUINodeHierarchy(NodeFactory.java:1329)

at com.businessobjects.components.explorer.model.impl.NodeFactory.createUINodeHierarchy(NodeFactory.java:1289)

at com.businessobjects.jsf.explorer.components.UIRepositoryExplorer.setCurrentLocation(UIRepositoryExplorer.java:830)

at com.businessobjects.jsf.explorer.components.UIRepositoryExplorer.doStartLocation(UIRepositoryExplorer.java:639)

at com.businessobjects.jsf.explorer.components.UIRepositoryExplorer.reinitialize(UIRepositoryExplorer.java:311)

at com.businessobjects.jsf.explorer.generic.components.UIExplorerBase.initialize(UIExplorerBase.java:429)

at com.businessobjects.component.explorer.history.jsf.component.UIHistoryExplorer.initialize(UIHistoryExplorer.java:132)

at com.businessobjects.component.explorer.history.jsf.component.UIHistoryPanel.createHistoryExplorer(UIHistoryPanel.java:83)

at com.businessobjects.component.explorer.history.jsf.component.UIHistoryPanel.initialize(UIHistoryPanel.java:59)

at com.businessobjects.component.explorer.history.jsf.webapp.UIHistoryPanelTag.setProperties(UIHistoryPanelTag.java:109)

at javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.createComponent(UIComponentTag.java:1027)

When the schedule is done from CMC or BI, no problems appears if no REST schedule have been done before, since a REST schedule is done, the history is not available, to recover access to history, I must delete all the instances not only REST instances.

Below the Xml message I send

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<schedule>

<name>Store</name>

<format type="xls"/>

<parameters>

<parameter dpId="DP0" optional="false" type="prompt">

<id>0</id>

<technicalName>Enter values for State:</technicalName>

<answer constrained="false" type="Text">

<values>

<value>Illinois</value>

</values>

</answer>

</parameter>

</parameters>

</schedule>

and the answer

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<success>

<message>The resource of type 'Schedule' with identifier '10179' has been successfully created.</message>

<id>10179</id>

</success>

Am I missing a point ?

Or is it a known bug ? fixed in a SP ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cyril,

I can't remember the exact details, but there was a problem with the property bags when scheduling with the REST API in SP1.  This has been fixed in a later SP.

Dan

Answers (0)