cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to correct labor error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This question relates to the labor interface of ME 15 SP4.

An operator forgot to labor off an sfc and also didn't clock out so the actual labor time recorded against the part is much higher than it should be. Lets say for example its 24 hours rather than 6 hours.

This has now been interfaced to ERP and someone has noticed that the labor on this order is way higher than it should be and wants to have it corrected. Before ME was installed it would be a simple case of cancelling the confirmation and then reconfirm with the correct details. However when this was tried ERP displayed a message saying "Order xxxxxx has been distributed to MES; Not possible to cancel confirmation".

As far as Im aware there is no tcode to edit a confirmation so the question is, what is the best practice method of resolving incorrect labor bookings?

Should this be done in ME / ERP / Both ?

Can we post a negative conformation to cancel the difference ? eg Should have been 6 but is actually 24 so add a confirmation of -18 hours?

Thanks for any help you can give

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Please find the answer from ERP expert below:

Error message CO_MES_INT005, which appears in ERP when you try to cancel a confirmation for a distributed production order, can be configured and suppressed when it is needed. Afterwards it is possible to cancel production order confirmations in ERP. You then have to balance the situation in both system individually.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sergiy,

I will give this a try and just to complete this thread for anyone who searches and finds it in the future there is a SAP note 1781836 that discusses this topic and details how to modify the behavior of this message.

Thanks

Kevin

Answers (0)