Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sum per material in bill

former_member504446
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

we create monthly bills for some of our customers .

I.E., there are e.g. 10 sales orders for a certain customer in one month, but we create only one invoice for him containing all items from those orders (VF04).

Trouble is that the invoice lists all items of all orders, which can be quite a lot. Is there any way to sum up the items for one material and have only one invoice item per material with the overall amount and price?

Cheers

Alicia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I do not think that you can have exactly what you request, but you can define your own criteria for invoice combination and split in the copy control settings (for example create separate invoices for empties and for finish goods products). If you are concerned that your invoice might become too big and cause probem with the FI document creation (by exceeding 999 items), you might want to consider setting a value in Maintain maximum number of billing items in the country-specific features in Billing.

You can also check if using invoice list will be an acceptable option for your customer (you can combine several 'small' invoices into one LR document and print the data consolidated per material in some kind of invoice attachment).

I am not sure about that part - you have to test in your system, but you might get a better performance for invoice list with several F2 billings compared to creating one F2 billing+FI posting with hundreds of items.

former_member504446
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Veselina,

unfortunatelly, I did not make myself clear enough, obviously.

We don't have a problem with the many items in the SD invoice or FI document, but on the printed bill. So, in fact, this is a question concerning bill printing.

It's okay if our SD invoice contains several hundred items, as long as the printed bill isn't 200 pages long...

I guess, we would have to implement the aggregation of several invoice items in the print program, correct?

Cheers

Alicia

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can request a developer to change the current logic in the invoice smartform and instead of printing each line item with prices to consolidate the result per material number and probably per item category. Check if you have to print price per CS  or specific discounts per item as well - in certain situations consolidation per material can lead to rounding errors on item level, so you will need to explain this to the customer.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no standard way to do this. You have to create a custom program to create Invoice list based on the customer/Material. Just try to copy Invoice list  program SDINVLDL and make necessary changes.

You can set up a job on the custom program to automate the process

try to work with Developer to create a custom program similar to INVOICE LIST functionality

thanks

santosh