cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transport a package (with all objects) from one system to another?

0 Kudos

Dear SCN-Community,

As stated above, I want to know how I can transport a apckage from one system to another.

I have an ABAP system where I have a package that includes a UI5 application, different reports, classes and database tables.

The current system will be shut down soon so I need to transport the whole package to the new system.

Of course I have googled for any solution, but I could not find any way to do it.

When I have to choose the target of the transport, I can only find the current system and something like DMY, but where can I select other systems?

I hope someone can help me.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Other option I use is goto SE80, and select your package and do right click on the package name and click "Write Transport Entry" and click "All Object". Then it will ask you the transport number. Here you can create a new one or use the existing transport.

Use whichever option you feel comfortable.

Thanks,

Vishnu

0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

You can transport the package by creating a request and including the package by selecting the option 'Include objects'. After that, you can release that request and transfer the data and cofiles manually to the transport directory of target system.

But one important thing that you have to keep in mind is that the transport must only be done between systems on same releases and SP levels. Even if one component has different support package level, you should avoid such transports as they may make the systems inconsistent. Hence be very careful.

Regards,

Aniket