Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set page orders in Smartforms

gyurka
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a smartform with multiply pages for VAT declaration.  On the selection screen of printing program I can set which pages would be printed out (more appendixes). I created a main window in the first page with no data in it, only for command and set the 'Go to new page' i.e. PAGE_3 with specific condition. It works fine but if I wanted to set the new page from PAGE_3 to PAGE_5 it requires a main window on PAGE_3. Ok, I created (or copy) a main window on PAGE_3 and added command and condition there but it did not work. It seems that page setting works only for once for the first main window. Is it possible to set print order i.e. PAGE_1, PAGE_3 and PAGE_5 omitting PAGE_2 and PAGE_4?

Thanks,

György

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

romit_raina
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello György,

First of all the there should be on one MAIN WINDOW for complete SF . If you create one more in the next page the logic inside the Main Window does not work.

Second the requirement wich you mentioned is to get the respective page at the condition base, has correctly mentioned that , use one main window and inside that create the command lines one after other .

Please have a look to attached image :

Thanks

Romit Raina

gyurka
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Romit,

Ok, I see that only one MAIN window can be set in a SF (although you can activate the SF even if you copy the MAIN window to other pages, but they don't work). But if I'm right, in your attached image you can determine the next page only in the first page %PAGE1. How determine the next page on the second page %PAGE2 if you cannot use MAIN window there hence command line and 'Go to new page' checkbox requires MAIN window? You cannot activate SF in this case....

Thanks,

György

romit_raina
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Okay so let me clear your doubts, may be i interpreted wrong to you . What I want to tell you that the logic / code / text which you put in the Main window of other Pages -> wont get displayed .

But you need to put the Main window in every page which you create in SF, it may be blank/ not having any text filed in it , Only thing is Main window should be in each pages of SF,else it will give error while activating SF

Next about Command lines it works differently ; i have scenario of command line , please try this one which give you the complete process of Command line.

Step 1 :Create a SF having PAGE 1 with Main window.

Step 2 :Create another page PAGE 2 with Main Window (with same dimension as for page1 main window.)

Step 3: Create the NEXTPAGE1 of PAGE 1 (it will be copy of page 1 having all things which will be in page 1)

Step 4: Click the Page1 and give Next Page as NEXTPAGE1.

Step 5: Inside the MAIN WINDOW of page 1 create a TEXT filed ( put some text like ; PAGE 1)

Step 6: Create COMMAND LINE after the text field and put GO to as PAGE 2.

Step 7 : Create a table looping some internal table having record 500 . & print some record  like in Main area of window put line item to display record.

Step 8: Create the Secondary window above the Main window in Page 2 ; put text field with text PAGE 2)

Output : Table entry will be displayed in Second page and if data overflowed it will go to the next page.

Since we have put the TABLE after COMMAND LINE, so what COMMAND line do it will go to the PAGE 2 and PRINT the DATA  of TABLE and come back again on PAGE1. This is the process of Command Line.

Please try this and i hope this will give some idea for your requirement.

Below is the snap shot of above steps , hope this will help you ;

Thanks

Romit Raina

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

romit_raina
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey György,

I got a Logic, i believe you can use this and it will work as required .

So , first of all create 5 Pages .>> in the First Page Main Window put the text / table which you want to show in first page .

After that create command line 1 pointing second page >>after this create Table / text / template which needs to be print on second page ..

Again create command line 2 pointing page 3 > after that table / text which needs to print on [age 3

So repeat this until command line point page 5 comes & take care that all pages have same main window

Now put the condition on command line in condition Tab like if input is to show page 2 than command line 1 will active and print all the below table / text , take care that table / text should have same condition.

Stay Awesome

Romit Raina

gyurka
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Romit,

Now it works fine. Thanks a lot for your help!

Rgrds,

György

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi György,

please share your sf-tree so I can have a deeper look into it.

The scenario you described works perfectly fine for me.

I just have created every "goto-page"-command at the main-window.

So I do not see your problem or I have missunderstand it.

~Florian

gyurka
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Here you are. Part %CODE8 is only for a breakpoint. %CONDITION134 is for a variable from selection screen, if it's set than PAGE_5 should be printed out as you see in %COMMAND18, the 'Go to New Page' is set to PAGE_5. It works fine. But when I copied the MAIN_4 window into PAGE_5 (MAIN_4 is a small window, type Main Window but without texts) the SF doesn't take into account this part of the form, doesn't stop at breakpoint neither at %CODE8 here. But the other windows are printed out in PAGE_5 correctly. And because of the further sequence in MAIN windows doesn't work, the further pages doesn't printed out at all. I hope my explanation is clear.

Rgrds,

György