cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Batch produced from multiple process orders - How to segregate Good stock from Bad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement as following.

AS-IS: -

Business produces one single batch from several process order over a period of time. Let us say in 2 months time. Each Material will have serial number and equipment that will be created at time of GR for PO. But when they do UD for inspection lot, Serial number is not maintained. Again at time of delivery we use serial number.

E.G: -

Batch XXX123AA is produced using process order 123456/ 123789 / 987456 and there respective quantity are 100 / 50/ 75.

Currently when each process order is confirmed and stock moves to QA, they do documentation and UD for the stock.

E.g: -

PO          UD     Qty

123456     70     100

123789     70     50

Now we have 150 Stock in unrestricted. When 3rd process order is send to QA, they find some issue and put the stock in blocked. But as they do this movement, the batch is also updated with BLOCKED UD. This creates a problem that we are not able to use even good stocks (150 Qty) from unrestricted into the delivery. Reason is that Batch has latest UD as blocked.

PO          UD     Qty

987456     20     75

Result is that all the 150 Qty, which is in unrestricted could not be used.

Way around: - they redo the UD for an old Inspection lot and change it from 70 to 80 and then back to 70 again. But this has lots of documentation and they wish avoid such scenarios.

I need to propose TO-BE for above scenario and I wish to know if we can activate UD for each serial number in QA and then use such serial numbers in delivery.

Can someone suggest a solution.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found a solution....

thanks for support.

solomon_macwan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Animesh,

it will be helpful if you share the solution.

regards,

Solomon

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Instead of moving to blocked stock, you could simply move it to a different storage location, excluded from planning.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

Problem is that all the good stocks could not be delivered against any sales order. We are not able to assign the same in any delivery.